cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Anyone Had BA 99/500 Unsecure W/Baddies STILL on Reports?

tag
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

Has Anyone Had BA 99/500 Unsecure W/Baddies STILL on Reports?

I’ve called BA 3x and felt them out about unsecuring my BA 99/500.  Here is what I was told:

CC will NOT unsecure if ANY baddies show within the past 12 mos.

CC will NEVER unsecure as long as ANY baddies are on there- even if the baddie is 7 yo.

Am I just not getting the right person?  Has anyone else been told this?  Has anyone else gotten the 99/500 unsecured w/baddies ON reports?  Getting discouraged having been told this 3x.  The baddies were on my reports WHEN I got the cc, so denying me graduation b/c of those baddies seems a little unfair.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has Anyone Had BA 99/500 Unsecure W/Baddies STILL on Reports?

One of my BofA cards started as a $99/500 card and when it unsecured I most certainly had a few collections on my reports. That was a few years ago though, so maybe they have tightened up their policies? I do tend to agree with you though. Had you had perfectly clean reports - you wouldn't have needed the $99/500 card in the first place. For them to expect people to have perfect credit before the 12 months is up is pretty unrealistic, I don't understand the logic behind this requirement.
Message 2 of 9
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

I could see them not unsecuring me if I had *new* baddies appear in the past 12 mos. or if I had been late, overlimit, missed a payment, etc. w/BA (which I have NOT of course), but I’ve not had that + in fact, my last *new* baddie is from 2003 and BA SAW all my baddies WHEN they approved me.  Just feeling a little frustrated + down b/c I’ve worked so hard over the past 2 years to rebuild + the idea of having my BA remain @ a measly $500 cl until 2011 (when my last baddie drops) seems less than promising.  Why bother approving me in the first place if the cc will NEVER (or @ least not for 2 more years apparently) unsecure?
Message 3 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I dont know about baddies new or old. When they unsecured my card I had some baddies, but those are from before I got the 99/500 Card. I am not sure what they are looking at as far as baddies. Again in todays financial conditions any thing is possible with any card.
Message 4 of 9
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

When did yours unsecure concord? I know Bas had issues since I got my cc, but it seems silly to hold baddies which were on my reports when they approved me against me. I will wait until the 1 yr anniv (late may) + see if it auto unsecures (1 rep said it may just auto unsecure). If not, I will keep calling + hope I hit a rep which will just unsecure it w/o dinging me for baddies from 2003.

Message 5 of 9
Smarter
Regular Contributor

Mine unsecured about a month ago.  All of my baddies are from 2006 and before--I have a foreclosure, 1 paid collection ,  1 60 day late and 2 120 day lates.  All were there when I applied. 

I called them to see about unsecuring at the 10 month mark.  They increased my CL to 1000 and, after 3 more phone calls, I got the Worldpoints added to my card.

Message 6 of 9
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

smarter, were you calling the 4696 #? I think maybe I’ve just been getting tough reps, so will keep trying. Just seems odd to deny me for baddies from ‘03. Not to mention, my ficos have risen 100+ pts since getting the cc, so that would seem like a good thing to ba?

Message 7 of 9
Smarter
Regular Contributor

Yes, that is the # I called.  The CSR put me on hold for about a minute and then came back and said I was unsecured and my CL would be increased to 1000.  Hard pull on EX.

I got the tough people when trying to do a product change.  The first 2 said that they don't do that.  Then, after surfing around the forums, I tried calling the # on the back of my card.  What I ended up getting was just Worldpoints added to my card--I did get a new card--but still have my 29 dollar annual fee.  Thats OK--I will take it for now!

I wonder if they have some kind of minimum score for unsecuring?  I don't think I have read that, but it makes no sense that they would tell you that.  I would keep calling until the cows come home!

Message 8 of 9
Smarter
Regular Contributor

OOPS-sorry: Inq was on TU, not EX.  Score at the time was 677.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.