Frequent Contributor
creditreformer

Has Anyone Had BA 99/500 Unsecure W/Baddies STILL on Reports?

I’ve called BA 3x and felt them out about unsecuring my BA 99/500.  Here is what I was told:

CC will NOT unsecure if ANY baddies show within the past 12 mos.

CC will NEVER unsecure as long as ANY baddies are on there- even if the baddie is 7 yo.

Am I just not getting the right person?  Has anyone else been told this?  Has anyone else gotten the 99/500 unsecured w/baddies ON reports?  Getting discouraged having been told this 3x.  The baddies were on my reports WHEN I got the cc, so denying me graduation b/c of those baddies seems a little unfair.

Senior Contributor
UpUpUp

Re: Has Anyone Had BA 99/500 Unsecure W/Baddies STILL on Reports?

One of my BofA cards started as a $99/500 card and when it unsecured I most certainly had a few collections on my reports. That was a few years ago though, so maybe they have tightened up their policies? I do tend to agree with you though. Had you had perfectly clean reports - you wouldn't have needed the $99/500 card in the first place. For them to expect people to have perfect credit before the 12 months is up is pretty unrealistic, I don't understand the logic behind this requirement.
Frequent Contributor
creditreformer

I could see them not unsecuring me if I had *new* baddies appear in the past 12 mos. or if I had been late, overlimit, missed a payment, etc. w/BA (which I have NOT of course), but I’ve not had that + in fact, my last *new* baddie is from 2003 and BA SAW all my baddies WHEN they approved me.  Just feeling a little frustrated + down b/c I’ve worked so hard over the past 2 years to rebuild + the idea of having my BA remain @ a measly $500 cl until 2011 (when my last baddie drops) seems less than promising.  Why bother approving me in the first place if the cc will NEVER (or @ least not for 2 more years apparently) unsecure?
Super Contributor
concorduser

I dont know about baddies new or old. When they unsecured my card I had some baddies, but those are from before I got the 99/500 Card. I am not sure what they are looking at as far as baddies. Again in todays financial conditions any thing is possible with any card.
Frequent Contributor
creditreformer

When did yours unsecure concord? I know Bas had issues since I got my cc, but it seems silly to hold baddies which were on my reports when they approved me against me. I will wait until the 1 yr anniv (late may) + see if it auto unsecures (1 rep said it may just auto unsecure). If not, I will keep calling + hope I hit a rep which will just unsecure it w/o dinging me for baddies from 2003.

Regular Contributor
Smarter

Mine unsecured about a month ago.  All of my baddies are from 2006 and before--I have a foreclosure, 1 paid collection ,  1 60 day late and 2 120 day lates.  All were there when I applied. 

I called them to see about unsecuring at the 10 month mark.  They increased my CL to 1000 and, after 3 more phone calls, I got the Worldpoints added to my card.

Frequent Contributor
creditreformer

smarter, were you calling the 4696 #? I think maybe I’ve just been getting tough reps, so will keep trying. Just seems odd to deny me for baddies from ‘03. Not to mention, my ficos have risen 100+ pts since getting the cc, so that would seem like a good thing to ba?

Regular Contributor
Smarter

Yes, that is the # I called.  The CSR put me on hold for about a minute and then came back and said I was unsecured and my CL would be increased to 1000.  Hard pull on EX.

I got the tough people when trying to do a product change.  The first 2 said that they don't do that.  Then, after surfing around the forums, I tried calling the # on the back of my card.  What I ended up getting was just Worldpoints added to my card--I did get a new card--but still have my 29 dollar annual fee.  Thats OK--I will take it for now!

I wonder if they have some kind of minimum score for unsecuring?  I don't think I have read that, but it makes no sense that they would tell you that.  I would keep calling until the cows come home!

Regular Contributor
Smarter

OOPS-sorry: Inq was on TU, not EX.  Score at the time was 677.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}