cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Anyone Tried For A Duck/Beaver Card CLI Yet?

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Has Anyone Tried For A Duck/Beaver Card CLI Yet?

I know most people on the forum just got their cards-myself included, but just thought I'd ask.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Has Anyone Tried For A Duck/Beaver Card CLI Yet?

Message 2 of 8
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

I know most people on the forum just got their cards-myself included, but just thought I'd ask.

You are right about most people on forum just got it. The card itself is not that old either. Also from the reading, a lot of people approved with highest CL or next to the highest. Which means that they are not going to ask for cli any time soon. 

However, there are some people who got approved with lower or close to toy limit. I believe they will be the brave one to try for cli first Smiley Wink

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 3 of 8
alvon123
Super Contributor

I'm to scared to ask for one right now, i'll wait 6-8 months and try then

Message 4 of 8
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately I was a toy limit recipient ($1.5k). When I called the CSR to inqurie about that, she said anyone is eligible the minute they receive the card and asked if I wanted to try for one. I decided to hold off and let my USAA Visa report with a very high CL and also give my OCCU card at least a few mos. usage and payment so they can't specify non-usage as a reason for CLI denial. Was just curious if anyone tried-HP or SP-and how much of an increase they received.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 5 of 8
gambit2083
Valued Member

Hi Everyone,

I will soon let you know, they approved me for 7K on the 12th and after some side chit-chat with one of the csr's decided to have the see if I could be approved for 10k. 

The csr x-ferred me to a credit rep, she took my request as to why and told me that they would use my existing approval and CR. 

I am due to hear from her in a few days, I will keep you all posted. I did get a fico from them today and an a approval on my BT so we shall see.

I havent received the card yet , just approved BT paperwork.

Smiley Wink

OSU Beaver Cash Back Visa - $10k / Discover IT - $5.2k / BOA Cash Rewards Visa - $3.5k / CFCU Visa - $2k / Quicksilver One MC - $2k / Freedom Visa - $1k / Store Cards - 5k (Goal Cards: AMEX Costco TE, BCE, CSP, & US Bank Cash+) * Gardening until June 2014*
Message 6 of 8
awp317
Frequent Contributor

I havent tried as when the guy on the phone told me my limit I told him I was dissapointed in the given limit, he said I could ask for another one but it would be another HP. I didnt want another HP so I said I would hold off for a while. IN the past I have had 0% credit cards that started with low limits like I was given, and then once the 0% ends its upped quite a bit. However he also said on the phone my excessive inquiries were part of their decision (which I know is my own fault) so I will wait a while and let the inquries fall off and ask for an increase. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 7 of 8
gambit2083
Valued Member

so an update to my previous post...

Got the call today, they approved it for the 3k CLI...for a total 10k limit...the score they sent, put me at 688 EQ.

*asked for it within 7 days of my original approval, I hadn't received the card in the mail yet* When I called in, I "STRESSED" that I didn't want a HP and both of the credit reps assured me that it would not beacuse my app was still in processing with the original CR attached to it.

Hope this helps out everyone.

OSU Beaver Cash Back Visa - $10k / Discover IT - $5.2k / BOA Cash Rewards Visa - $3.5k / CFCU Visa - $2k / Quicksilver One MC - $2k / Freedom Visa - $1k / Store Cards - 5k (Goal Cards: AMEX Costco TE, BCE, CSP, & US Bank Cash+) * Gardening until June 2014*
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.