cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Anyone heard of Webster Bank Visa Signature Card?

tag
jim44
Established Contributor

Re: Has Anyone heard of Webster Bank Visa Signature Card?

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Actually Elan has 2 new credit cards based on American Express network.

A Cash Rewards American Express that gives 3% Gas, 2% Supermarket, 1% everything else. Gas bonus limited to $6000 spend per year. No annual fee.

And a Travel Rewards American Express 3X Airlines, 2X Restaurant and Hotel, 1X everything else with $95 annual fee and $75 cash back after first card use.

I'm a little confused.  Is Elan Financial US Bank or do they purchase cc accounts from different banks?  In 2003 I had a local Credit Union Visa which was transfered to Elan and still carried the CU logo on the front for several years.  Later on the Visa changed to Select Rewards where it is now and the CU merged and is no longer.  Shouldn't the select rewards carry the US Bank logo on the card?  The rewards with my card aren't good at all.

Message 11 of 16
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@jim44 wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

A Cash Rewards American Express that gives 3% Gas, 2% Supermarket, 1% everything else. Gas bonus limited to $6000 spend per year. No annual fee.

And a Travel Rewards American Express 3X Airlines, 2X Restaurant and Hotel, 1X everything else with $95 annual fee and $75 cash back after first card use.

I'm a little confused.  Is Elan Financial US Bank or do they purchase cc accounts from different banks?  In 2003 I had a local Credit Union Visa which was transfered to Elan and still carried the CU logo on the front for several years.  Later on the Visa changed to Select Rewards where it is now and the CU merged and is no longer.  Shouldn't the select rewards carry the US Bank logo on the card?  The rewards with my card aren't good at all.

US Bank, and Elan Financial Services, are two subsidiaries of US Bancorp. Elan handles the credit cards for over 1,700 other Banks/Credit Unions. Apparently Elan does that by offering the same basic types of credit cards to all the different places, just with different branding on the cards.

Yes, Elan VISA rewards kinda stink. But the new Cash Rewards American Express is roughly equivalent to the Bank of America Cash Rewards card, so that is an improvement. Still not best in class in any category, but a significant improvement.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 12 of 16
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@jim44 wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

US Bank, and Elan Financial Services, are two subsidiaries of US Bancorp. Elan handles the credit cards for over 1,700 other Banks/Credit Unions. Apparently Elan does that by offering the same basic types of credit cards to all the different places, just with different branding on the cards.

Yes, Elan VISA rewards kinda stink. But the new Cash Rewards American Express is roughly equivalent to the Bank of America Cash Rewards card, so that is an improvement. Still not best in class in any category, but a significant improvement.

Link? I couldn't find this card with a google search.

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 13 of 16
Ron1
Super Contributor

@waters wrote:
Is Ron sharing commissions with us?

Smiley Very Happy

Ron.

Message 14 of 16
Ron1
Super Contributor

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

The checks keep bouncing 

Smiley Tongue

Message 15 of 16
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Do a google search for "elan cash rewards american express", there are at least 5 banks on the first page that are offering this card already.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.