Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Capital 1 EO ever said NO?

tag
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Re: Has Capital 1 EO ever said NO?

School First Credit Union, it used to be OCTAFU Orange County Teachers Association CU. its a great CU!! love it! they are the only one that has trusted me, got my car refi from 19% int to 9.75 (12Ks), gave me my first 1k CC, 1K personal loan, and an 500 overdraft loan... cant ask for more.

anddd

I just logged into my Capital one acc and they gave me a CLI of 250 !!! Woohhhooooo plus rewards haahhaa 

Gotta love the EO Smiley Happy

and I think im proving my theory right, Capital One EO wont call you back if they know they cant offer yo something Smiley Very Happy

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 11 of 17
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@zerobacan wrote:

School First Credit Union, it used to be OCTAFU Orange County Teachers Association CU. its a great CU!! love it! they are the only one that has trusted me, got my car refi from 19% int to 9.75 (12Ks), gave me my first 1k CC, 1K personal loan, and an 500 overdraft loan... cant ask for more.

anddd

I just logged into my Capital one acc and they gave me a CLI of 250 !!! Woohhhooooo plus rewards haahhaa 

and I think im proving my theory right, Capital One EO wont call you back if they know they cant offer yo something Smiley Very Happy

The one who calls back isn't the one who makes the credit decision. The staff at the EO are just better CSR's. They still consult with an underwriter. 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 12 of 17
zerobacan
Established Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@zerobacan wrote:

anddd

The one who calls back isn't the one who makes the credit decision. The staff at the EO are just better CSR's. They still consult with an underwriter. 

I know but the percentage of denies is very low.... there is something fishy about it, in a good way Smiley Happy

your scores are kinda like mine, but you have nice cards, did your score dropped cause of the inqs and new accs?

and I understandm it is really hard not to go app crazy reading all the good news here. Now if I read a nice CLI or approval, I ask about details to compare myself with them

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 13 of 17
sarkell
Frequent Contributor

Not really most of thrir subprime cards can't go above 2-3k however upon manual review they can. Basically if your history is good and othet accounts are then they may honor cli. That's why they consider dti
Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 17
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

Until recently, I was turned down for every request I had made with the EO.

I had written to the CEO a year ago to complain about poor customer service. The EO called to apologize and promise that my business was important to them and if I ever had any other concerns to please call them directly at their #.

I called them directly for several different issues (not always CLI requests) and not once were they able (or willing?) to help. The times I did call regarding CLI or APR reduction requests, it could've been any number of reasons why I was turned down, see below:

1) Perhaps because I called directly and didn't have an open case with them (ie. I didn't bother the big boss so they didn't feel pressure to make me happy)

2) Maybe they felt my credit score hadn't increased much from the time they approved me for my cards originally and the time I called so maybe I didn't deserve a CLI

3) Baddies still remained on my report (several late pays and a collection--all of which are still on my EQ report, and deservedly so)

Finally, I emailed the CEO several weeks ago and had great success--two cards went from $500 and $750 CL's to $1500 each, and $195 in yearly fees was refunded to me.

To be honest, if I had to guess, I would say it was option #1 above that made the difference.

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 15 of 17
ttaurean30
Established Member

I got two HP and a NO... I was very pissed..

Rebuilding since BK Discharge on 09/2006
Gardening Since 02/19/2013
Credit.com (707) Credit Sesame (801) Walmart (709) Credit Karma (688) Quizzle (714)

Message 16 of 17
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I know but the percentage of denies is very low.... there is something fishy about it, in a good way Smiley Happy

your scores are kinda like mine, but you have nice cards, did your score dropped cause of the inqs and new accs?

and I understandm it is really hard not to go app crazy reading all the good news here. Now if I read a nice CLI or approval, I ask about details to compare myself with them

Yeah, but I have never had much of a score. I have such a sort credit history, well under 2 years.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.