Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Chase gone subprime

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has Chase gone subprime

i think they are refering to questions like have you filed bk in x years, etc. the questions that will kill your chances.
Message 21 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

dnm45227 wrote:
i think they are refering to questions like have you filed bk in x years, etc. the questions that will kill your chances.

Told you I was confused Smiley Tongue  Ahhhhh!  The questions of death are not so deadly.....Smiley Very Happy

Message 22 of 39
drvbasic
Established Member

Just applied got 30 day message...is that a denial???
Message 23 of 39
drvbasic
Established Member

I am in Virginia I wonder what CR they pulled...I hope they pulled EQ my EX and TU have baddies but not EQ
Message 24 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

i keep getting pre-approved mtg cards from them with some  God awful interest rate of 10. something.  It has  to be sub-prime as my scores should give me 5 or 6. something int. rate.
No way CHASE!!!

Message 25 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to work for BankOne

I will never have an account with them.

Wells Fargo is on my never do business wih list too.
So in Compass bank.

Message 26 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy wrote:

Wells Fargo is on my never do business wih list too.

just refi's a car from wells 19.24 to 6.99 and told tem to shove a 5k visa. had the visa about 1.5 years, no cli or lowering of rate.

felt real good, since they took aa on me twice. had a cash on demand card approvals twice. 1st time actually had and used some of the line, got a letter saying they changed thier guidlines and i no longer qualify. second, signed docs thought it was a done deal, they killed it in underwriting so at least the new account never hit the cra's.
Message 27 of 39
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
i keep getting pre-approved mtg cards from them with some God awful interest rate of 10. something. It has to be sub-prime as my scores should give me 5 or 6. something int. rate.
No way CHASE!!!

In this day and age, 3-4% over WSJ prime rate does not make a card sub-prime...

All the CCC's are becoming less generous.

edit: whoops, sorry, just saw the "mtg." Mortgage cards? If you're talking mortgage rates, then I agree, 10+% is too high for your scores.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 12-23-2007 10:35 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 28 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes they send out those cheap cards now for pre-appproved mortgage rates. I personally think they are sub-sub-prime.
Message 29 of 39
heirophant
Established Contributor

So, here is a little update on a subject I addressed earlier in this thread.  I said I was going to say goodbye to my Orchard account because of the AF.  Well, I had put in a request to combine my HSBC credit card and orchard bank in November.  It was actually my second time requesting it.  The first time they sent me a letter saying that the terms were incompatible and they couldn't do it.  Here are the terms:

HSBC Gold Sallie Mae affinity card:
14.49%, $0 AF, $400 Limit, 3 Months Old

Orchard Platinum
14.99%, $59 AF, $600 Limit, 1 Year Old

Well, they approved this request to consolidate the cards to the HSBC Gold Sallie Mae affinity card.  I just got the letter in the mail today.  Just got to send a form back to them.  The only reason I bring this up is that a lot of people report having problems getting HSBC to consolidate their accounts.  I just wanted to report some success.  Merry Christmas.
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.