Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has Chase gone subprime

Congrats and thanks for sharing
Message 31 of 39
heirophant
Established Contributor

Waking up this thread because I received my Chase Platinum Visa today and I wanted to update you guys on the terms and make a proprosal and see what you guys think about it.  So, the terms:

Limit: $300
Interest: 22.74% (Prime + 14.99%)
No AF
3 Months no interest

Obviously, this card is a keeper because it is with a bank that will reward responsible credit usage, which is what I have resolved myself to.  I want to eventually maximize the terms of this accout with CLI's and lower interest rates.  This is, however, tied for my lowest CL currently.  Here are my other cards:

HSBC Gold MasterCard: $1200, no AF, 14.4%
Capital One MasterCard: $500, $39 AF, 18.4%
Capital One Visa: $300, $39 AF, 12.9%, Cash Back Rewards
Hooters MasterCard: $3000, $72 AF, 26%

I am planning on combining the Capital One cards whenever the Visa reaches $500 after the automatic CLI off of the credit steps program.  Should be April.  The first Capital One card I got (MasterCard) was a pre-approval I got in the mail, the second I made on Card Lab.  If I would have only known about card lab earlier and that Capital One was so liberal with decent terms....  I feel like they gave me a bad deal on the pre-approval after looking at what I got on Card Lab.

So, after all of that, on to my plan to get Chase to trust me.  Along with improving my score over the next year, I am planning to almost max out the Chase card and PIF every month, while keeping all of my other balances under 10%.  I think by doing this, I will show Chase that I am being loyal to them, while still being responsible with my credit.  Anyone else think my overall master plan is good?  I'd love to hear all of your reponses.
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 32 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

drvbasic wrote:
I am in Virginia I wonder what CR they pulled...I hope they pulled EQ my EX and TU have baddies but not EQ

I also live in the great Commonwealth of Virginia and just asked for a CLI on my Chase BP a month or so ago and they pulled Equifax on me.  Hope that helps.
Message 33 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

heirophant , congrats on the new card!
Message 34 of 39
heirophant
Established Contributor

They pulled EQ on me.  If you look on http://www.whogavemecredit.com, the majority of Chase pulls seem to be EQ.  BTW, EQ was the only one that didn't show my paid judgement.  I think that may have had something to do with my approval.  The Chase card sparkles!!!  Anyway, everyone look two posts up.  I want your opinions please.

Message Edited by heirophant on 01-08-2008 11:52 AM

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 35 of 39
fused
Moderator Emeritus

heirophant wrote:
They pulled EQ on me.  If you look on http://www.whogavemecredit.com, the majority of Chase pulls seem to be EQ.  BTW, EQ was the only one that didn't show my paid judgement.  I think that may have had something to do with my approval.  The Chase card sparkles!!!  Anyway, everyone look two posts up.  I want your opinions please.

Message Edited by heirophant on 01-08-2008 11:52 AM

I wouldn't do it, Chase is a notorious rate-jacker! You shouldn't begin a relationship with Chase by using almost all of your available credit then PIF, this is dangerous. Now using half of the CL and PIF before the statement cuts might be fine. Just be careful! Chase has a history of mistreating their best card holders, my DW can attest to this.
Message 36 of 39
heirophant
Established Contributor

I am already at the highest teir of rates that they list when applying for the card.  Would they go above Prime + 14.99%?  I think that would be considered a default rate, and if I PIF every month, there is no default.  Not to mention, when my 0% interest period is over in april, they have stated that they will not be rate-jacking for any reason other than messing up on their accounts.  No universal default or anything of that nature either.  Its pretty hard to get good useage out of it if I don't use the available credit.  Plus, $300 is a drop in the bucket.  I can pay that easy.  Thanks for the input.  This is good.  Anyone else feel the same way?

Message Edited by heirophant on 01-08-2008 12:37 PM

Mortgage 11/20
Message 37 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi

i have applied for chase visa platinum yesterday(its a preapproval offer)
got the same 30 day msg, waiting for the approval
if it gets approval shall v get approval letter then cc or directly cc??
pulled my TU today.

Message Edited by HI-ALL on 01-08-2008 05:54 PM
Message 38 of 39
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

You think the disney is easy to get like that card/.

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.