extrastar

Has Citi stopped doing Product Changes?

Hi, de-lurking to post this! After reading about so many people's easy experiences with Citi product changes, I called the number on the back of my 3-year-old Diamond Preferred Rewards AmEx a few minutes ago to try and change to the DPR MC or the Forward Visa (I use my Citi as my primary card and have had some issues lately with some vendors I frequent not accepting AmEx).

The first CSR who answered said he'd put me on hold to "see how he could best help me today," but the CSR who got on the line after him said that they -just- stopped doing consolidations & product changes within the past 2 weeks, and to call back in a month.

Has anyone else heard anything like this from Citi recently?

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Re: Has Citi stopped doing Product Changes?

It could be true. The only way you'll know for sure is if you call back and ask again.
Senior Contributor
score_building

extrastar wrote:

Hi, de-lurking to post this! After reading about so many people's easy experiences with Citi product changes, I called the number on the back of my 3-year-old Diamond Preferred Rewards AmEx a few minutes ago to try and change to the DPR MC or the Forward Visa (I use my Citi as my primary card and have had some issues lately with some vendors I frequent not accepting AmEx).

The first CSR who answered said he'd put me on hold to "see how he could best help me today," but the CSR who got on the line after him said that they -just- stopped doing consolidations & product changes within the past 2 weeks, and to call back in a month.

Has anyone else heard anything like this from Citi recently?

PC request also denied...but mileage varies -others have posted recent success with citi PC. 

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Valued Contributor
MrShush

Sounds suspect. I just PC'd from Mastercard to AMEX last week. Citi is in such disarray...
Regular Contributor
MMart078

MrShush wrote:
Sounds suspect. I just PC'd from Mastercard to AMEX last week. Citi is in such disarray...

Yes they are.... they say they never sleep, but it looks like its time for them to take a nap and stop being so moody!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}