cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has any one been successful with Recon w/Citi??

tag
tjones9234
Contributor

Re: Has any one been successful with Recon w/Citi??

I was very sucessful going through the EO, after flat out denial!
Message 21 of 28
eddie84
Valued Contributor

@tjones9234 wrote:
I was very sucessful going through the EO, after flat out denial!

+1.  The reason for denial was too many inquiries so I called the EO and got this nice lady who reviewed my app and gave me an initial CL of $5k.

Message 22 of 28
C6Guy
Established Member

Anyone else have stories to share? I was recently declined by Citi under their generic loan obligations are too high in relationship to income denial. (Which is very wrong) I've been a client with their banking branch for 7 years, have low cc utilization (under 10% across all cards) and was contacted by someone from their EO office in SD. So I'm crossing my fingers with what may happen.
Message 23 of 28
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@C6Guy wrote:
Anyone else have stories to share? I was recently declined by Citi under their generic loan obligations are too high in relationship to income denial. (Which is very wrong) I've been a client with their banking branch for 7 years, have low cc utilization (under 10% across all cards) and was contacted by someone from their EO office in SD. So I'm crossing my fingers with what may happen.

do you have multiple installment loans (car loans, student loans, etc?) or mutliple mortgage loans/home equity line of credits? that could also play a factor in your DTI (debt to income ratio). If not then hopefully the EO will take a second look and reverse the decison...good luck!! keeping my fingers crossed for you buddy! and keep us updated.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 24 of 28
C6Guy
Established Member

Thanks for the response. I do have a few installment loans I technically have 3 different student loans for each year I borrowed in undergrad. Overall I owe 6K from an original of 9500 I just pay the minimum as it's one of my oldest account. I have my auto loan that I recently refinanced. I started at 32K paid down 9K in year and then refinanced so it's showing my credit report is showing a 23K with 21K left on the loan. I've never missed a payment on my installment loans, but I'm pretty sure the loan amount to what I owe is the main concern for them. I'm hoping I can leverage the 7 year banking history I have with them and the fact that chase approved me the same night. Hopefully the threat of loosing my banking relationship will help.
Message 25 of 28
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

Yes.  Mine took a couple of calls though.

First call was a flat out denial mentioning too many inq.  Score was 786 EX.  The next day tried again and this wonderful lady said she'll take a look. She mentioned she was a senior account executive (I asked if I could speak to a credit analyst).  Then I explained that the inquiries from mortgage shopping --- she mentioned that she can overrride the decision but she needs verficiation of my new residence since I just moved.  After sending them in, I called at 5 in the morning the next day to confirm receipt.  Another CSR got the call, veirfied the documents and gave me a recon decision for Citi American Airlines. 9.1k Limit.

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 26 of 28
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@cutemarty1 wrote:

First call was a flat out denial mentioning too many inq.  Score was 786 EX.  The next day tried again and this wonderful lady said she'll take a look. She mentioned she was a senior account executive (I asked if I could speak to a credit analyst).  Then I explained that the inquiries from mortgage shopping --- she mentioned that she can overrride the decision but she needs verficiation of my new residence since I just moved.  After sending them in, I called at 5 in the morning the next day to confirm receipt.  Another CSR got the call, veirfied the documents and gave me a recon decision for Citi American Airlines. 9.1k Limit.

I haven't heard of the EO route, but it seems if you say your inqs are non-CC related (mortgage shopping, auto loans) that works very well on recon. A plus if you get a US-based CSR. 

Message 27 of 28
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

@eagle2013 wrote:

@cutemarty1 wrote:

I haven't heard of the EO route, but it seems if you say your inqs are non-CC related (mortgage shopping, auto loans) that works very well on recon. A plus if you get a US-based CSR. 

Yes.  The CSR are from India or the Philippines Smiley Sad .    And they get ported back the US once you say account executive or credit anaylst.  And yes, I explained they were from Directv even though two were from Personal Loans with Lightstream and Discover plus Barclays Arrival

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.