cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anybody made a payment to Double Cash?

tag
One7
Valued Contributor

Re: Has anybody made a payment to Double Cash?

@axledobe wrote:

@One7 wrote:

Citi is always like that with the first month, they won't let you pay more than the statement balance (usually 0 for most people or at least less than total balance) which is pretty lame. Every month after that you can pay your account in full, I do it all the time. Like they said above you can always just push it through your bank the first month though.

Not the case for me.  I've never let a balance report and paid inside the same month and I've yet to be able to make one payment online.  Maybe your cards are older or different but I'm not making this up.  Smiley Happy  Trust me, I would have paid online if I could.  So far, not able to make one payment and the 14th of Sept was my 6 month mark with Citi.  

So they won't allow you to make an online payment at all? If that's the case I'd be on the phone complaining right away. I pay all my payments online so I would get that fixed instantly. My Thank You card is about the be 6 months old and my AAdvantage card is about to be 2 months old. Good luck with it all, and I believe you, there's probably some kind of glitch

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 11 of 26
rlx01
Established Contributor

You can make a payment towards the current balance (not just statement balance) + 7.5%.

You can't prepay pending transactions.
Message 12 of 26
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@thelethargicage wrote:

Some transactions have already posted, but Citi's website won't let me make a payment because the payment amount exceeds the last statement balance ($0). Well, duh, I just got the card.

Anyone had any luck paying this card?

Citi's website is a bit "quirky" from what I've seen.

Same thing with me...didn't allow me to pay.

Can you pay in-branch on the CCs if you don't have an account other thant the CC?

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 13 of 26
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

@One7 wrote:

@axledobe wrote:

@One7 wrote:

Citi is always like that with the first month, they won't let you pay more than the statement balance (usually 0 for most people or at least less than total balance) which is pretty lame. Every month after that you can pay your account in full, I do it all the time. Like they said above you can always just push it through your bank the first month though.

Not the case for me.  I've never let a balance report and paid inside the same month and I've yet to be able to make one payment online.  Maybe your cards are older or different but I'm not making this up.  Smiley Happy  Trust me, I would have paid online if I could.  So far, not able to make one payment and the 14th of Sept was my 6 month mark with Citi.  

So they won't allow you to make an online payment at all? If that's the case I'd be on the phone complaining right away. I pay all my payments online so I would get that fixed instantly. My Thank You card is about the be 6 months old and my AAdvantage card is about to be 2 months old. Good luck with it all, and I believe you, there's probably some kind of glitch

To meet the min spend, I put about 1K on the card the first three months.  When I went to pay it before the statement cut, I always got the error message stating my payment was more than the statement balance.  It happened 4 months in a row and I haven't used the card since.  Yes, everything is set up correctly.  No, I'm not computer challenged (lol).  I have called and complained and no one has ever been able to tell me why I can't make a payment other than reverting back to the error message.  I gave up.  Seems like I'm in a boat by myself.  It's cold and lonely in this boat.  Smiley Happy

I'm not terribly worried about it because I don't plan to use the card until March when I can PC to the DC.  I'm not a huge fan of bill pay from my bank so I've only ever paid Citi by phone.  If someone can figure it out for me, I'm all ears.  

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 14 of 26
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

My statement cut today, PIF waiting to see what happens in terms of cash back...

Message 15 of 26
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry but this is old news with Citi. I would just send payment from your bank acct. It usually posts in 2 business days when I pay from Chase checking.
Message 16 of 26
DieGo2SHAE
Regular Contributor

@-Cal- wrote:

My statement cut today, PIF waiting to see what happens in terms of cash back...

Any update on what happened? I'm struggling to hold back on applying and I just want to be certain that Citi isn't hiding anything here, haha

May 2013 | June 2013 |Sep 2013 | Dec 2013 |May 2014 | May 2014 | May 2014| April 2015 | April 2015 | April 2015 | April 2015
Message 17 of 26
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Looks like I can redeem the cash back on the purchases already, still waiting to see when they add in the amount from what I paid. 

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Cal- wrote:

Looks like I can redeem the cash back on the purchases already, still waiting to see when they add in the amount from what I paid. 

I spent $700 on purchases already and it shows up with 0 rewards earned for me.

Message 19 of 26
JustinS
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

I spent $700 on purchases already and it shows up with 0 rewards earned for me.

From what I can tell it looks like it's setup similar to how chase and amex are for rewards crediting cycle (meaning hits with statement or shortly after). None of my spend has credited yet and I have already pushed a payment that has credited also.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.