cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone NOT in credit steps ever received a CLI from Capital One?

tag
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Has anyone NOT in credit steps ever received a CLI from Capital One?

Calling the Executive Office also doesn't count. My 6th statement just cut yesterday, and I am not in credit steps. My CL is $3,000 and I have the "Jimmy Fallon Green Card", otherwise known as the Cash Rewards card for excellent credit. I am wondering if it is worth it to call and ask for a CLI before I go on my upcoming Amex/Chase/Citi app spree. 

Also - I do not want an HP. Anyone with information on the type of pull it might be? Past forum posts have claimed soft pull...

Thanks for the help!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: Has anyone NOT in credit steps ever received a CLI from Capital One?

$3000 credit limit is very good start with CrappyOne compare to others had very low credit limit.......I mean they know for stinky with limit and already start with you for 3k.......

I would like to go for some bigger bank other than wait for cap throw u some bone...........cuzz they wont' most of the time....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 31
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Cap 1 is not known for customer-initiated CLIs.

Some of their products are good but may not be the right fit for someone needing frequent CLIs.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 31
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

Cap 1 is not known for customer-initiated CLIs.

Some of their products are good but may not be the right fit for someone needing frequent CLIs.

Thanks for the insight, I have assumed as much based on my wandering a around the forum.  But does "not known for customer-initiated CLI's" mean there is zero history of them occurring?

Anyone ever in the history of man?

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Message 4 of 31
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

$3000 credit limit is very good start with CrappyOne compare to others had very low credit limit.......I mean they know for stinky with limit and already start with you for 3k.......

I would like to go for some bigger bank other than wait for cap throw u some bone...........cuzz they wont' most of the time....

OP has the cap1 cash rewards VISA (excellent credit) card. The starting limit for this card is $3,000. Most people who start out with the $200-$500 limits are on the rebuilder cards. 

OP: You have one of their "prime" cards so it wouldn't hurt to ask for a CLI. Chances of being approved are probably...slightly higher than the rest of us with the credit steps/(re)builder cards. Hopefully you'll be able to get up to 5k sometime soon so you get the visa sig NPSL benefit. 

Message 5 of 31
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

The only CLI i have ever received from Cap1 is from their credit steps program. 

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 6 of 31
ednajen
New Contributor

Nope.  When I first signed up for the card in '09 I got a letter stating I was in credit steps.  I was late on this card one time and I hardly even call it a late as it was an after 5pm eastern payment.  I believe that late took me out of the program.  I have yet to receive a cli so I'm stuck at a $500cl.  I really think I should have a higher cl after three years.  I'm not looking forward to any HPs from CapOne so I'll leave it alone for now.

Go to cards: Amex BCE , CSP, Discover IT, Amex Gold NPSL
Message 7 of 31
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I have secured card and they are not eligible for credit steps. I did get $300 auto CLI from them after 4-5 months with card.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 31
p-
Valued Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:

Calling the Executive Office also doesn't count. My 6th statement just cut yesterday, and I am not in credit steps. My CL is $3,000 and I have the "Jimmy Fallon Green Card", otherwise known as the Cash Rewards card for excellent credit. I am wondering if it is worth it to call and ask for a CLI before I go on my upcoming Amex/Chase/Citi app spree. 

Also - I do not want an HP. Anyone with information on the type of pull it might be? Past forum posts have claimed soft pull...

Thanks for the help!

I tried for an increase via phone, chat, and facebook and was denied, but they were all soft pulls.  I sent an exec email, and got a nice CLI (3500 to 10k) with a soft pull.  If you've been at 3k for over a year you should email the exec.  It works.

Message 9 of 31
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@nicholasyud wrote:

OP has the cap1 cash rewards VISA (excellent credit) card. The starting limit for this card is $3,000. Most people who start out with the $200-$500 limits are on the rebuilder cards. 

OP: You have one of their "prime" cards so it wouldn't hurt to ask for a CLI. Chances of being approved are probably...slightly higher than the rest of us with the credit steps/(re)builder cards. Hopefully you'll be able to get up to 5k sometime soon so you get the visa sig NPSL benefit. 

Believe it or not, I have a MasterCard version. 

Statement officially cut this morning and no CLI on the account. Just as I expected Smiley Sad

All I have left is the chance for approvals on other cards this week. I may call regular customer service at some point, but I won't call the Exec Office. I have only had my card for 6 months, and although I have put over $14,000 on the card in that time, I do not feel entitled to any special treatment at this point. They already gave me a huge opportunity with such a large starting line. 

Thanks for the help guys. If I do get an auto CLI, it looks like I may be the first to get one on this forum on an unsecured Cap1 card not in credit steps. 

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.