Reply
Valued Contributor
SnackTrader
Posts: 1,567
Registered: ‎09-15-2012
0

Has anyone NOT in credit steps ever received a CLI from Capital One?

Calling the Executive Office also doesn't count. My 6th statement just cut yesterday, and I am not in credit steps. My CL is $3,000 and I have the "Jimmy Fallon Green Card", otherwise known as the Cash Rewards card for excellent credit. I am wondering if it is worth it to call and ask for a CLI before I go on my upcoming Amex/Chase/Citi app spree. 

 

Also - I do not want an HP. Anyone with information on the type of pull it might be? Past forum posts have claimed soft pull...

 

Thanks for the help!


In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $22.200, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Chase CSP (4/14) $12,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Forward (12/12) $9,600, Chase Freedom (12/12) $5,000

Last App: April 2, 2014
Valued Contributor
nicholasyud
Posts: 1,737
Registered: ‎08-13-2012
0

Re: Has anyone NOT in credit steps ever received a CLI from Capital One?

$3000 credit limit is very good start with CrappyOne compare to others had very low credit limit.......I mean they know for stinky with limit and already start with you for 3k.......

I would like to go for some bigger bank other than wait for cap throw u some bone...........cuzz they wont' most of the time....


Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800


Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

Senior Contributor
drkaje
Posts: 3,491
Registered: ‎07-25-2008
0

Re: Has anyone NOT in credit steps ever received a CLI from Capital One?

Cap 1 is not known for customer-initiated CLIs.

 

Some of their products are good but may not be the right fit for someone needing frequent CLIs.


Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
SnackTrader
Posts: 1,567
Registered: ‎09-15-2012
0

Re: Has anyone NOT in credit steps ever received a CLI from Capital One?


drkaje wrote:

Cap 1 is not known for customer-initiated CLIs.

 

Some of their products are good but may not be the right fit for someone needing frequent CLIs.


Thanks for the insight, I have assumed as much based on my wandering a around the forum.  But does "not known for customer-initiated CLI's" mean there is zero history of them occurring?

 

Anyone ever in the history of man?


In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $22.200, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Chase CSP (4/14) $12,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Forward (12/12) $9,600, Chase Freedom (12/12) $5,000

Last App: April 2, 2014
Senior Contributor
jsucool76
Posts: 3,794
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: Has anyone NOT in credit steps ever received a CLI from Capital One?


nicholasyud wrote:

$3000 credit limit is very good start with CrappyOne compare to others had very low credit limit.......I mean they know for stinky with limit and already start with you for 3k.......

I would like to go for some bigger bank other than wait for cap throw u some bone...........cuzz they wont' most of the time....


OP has the cap1 cash rewards VISA (excellent credit) card. The starting limit for this card is $3,000. Most people who start out with the $200-$500 limits are on the rebuilder cards. 

 

OP: You have one of their "prime" cards so it wouldn't hurt to ask for a CLI. Chances of being approved are probably...slightly higher than the rest of us with the credit steps/(re)builder cards. Hopefully you'll be able to get up to 5k sometime soon so you get the visa sig NPSL benefit. 

;
Valued Contributor
j_casteel
Posts: 1,918
Registered: ‎06-21-2012
0

Re: Has anyone NOT in credit steps ever received a CLI from Capital One?

The only CLI i have ever received from Cap1 is from their credit steps program. 

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $4.5k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $9k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
New Contributor
ednajen
Posts: 55
Registered: ‎12-16-2010
0

Re: Has anyone NOT in credit steps ever received a CLI from Capital One?

[ Edited ]

Nope.  When I first signed up for the card in '09 I got a letter stating I was in credit steps.  I was late on this card one time and I hardly even call it a late as it was an after 5pm eastern payment.  I believe that late took me out of the program.  I have yet to receive a cli so I'm stuck at a $500cl.  I really think I should have a higher cl after three years.  I'm not looking forward to any HPs from CapOne so I'll leave it alone for now.

Go to cards: Amex BCE , CSP, Discover IT, Amex Gold NPSL
Valued Contributor
Duncanrr
Posts: 2,857
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Re: Has anyone NOT in credit steps ever received a CLI from Capital One?

I have secured card and they are not eligible for credit steps. I did get $300 auto CLI from them after 4-5 months with card.


Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
p-
Posts: 2,655
Registered: ‎06-05-2008
0

Re: Has anyone NOT in credit steps ever received a CLI from Capital One?


SnackTrader wrote:

Calling the Executive Office also doesn't count. My 6th statement just cut yesterday, and I am not in credit steps. My CL is $3,000 and I have the "Jimmy Fallon Green Card", otherwise known as the Cash Rewards card for excellent credit. I am wondering if it is worth it to call and ask for a CLI before I go on my upcoming Amex/Chase/Citi app spree. 

 

Also - I do not want an HP. Anyone with information on the type of pull it might be? Past forum posts have claimed soft pull...

 

Thanks for the help!


I tried for an increase via phone, chat, and facebook and was denied, but they were all soft pulls.  I sent an exec email, and got a nice CLI (3500 to 10k) with a soft pull.  If you've been at 3k for over a year you should email the exec.  It works.

12-15-14: FICO EXP: 813 - EQU:802 - TRAN: 756 - AVG: 790 +240 points from JUN 2008 - MY CREDIT JOURNAL

Valued Contributor
SnackTrader
Posts: 1,567
Registered: ‎09-15-2012
0

Re: Has anyone NOT in credit steps ever received a CLI from Capital One?


jsucool76 wrote:

nicholasyud wrote:

$3000 credit limit is very good start with CrappyOne compare to others had very low credit limit.......I mean they know for stinky with limit and already start with you for 3k.......

I would like to go for some bigger bank other than wait for cap throw u some bone...........cuzz they wont' most of the time....


OP has the cap1 cash rewards VISA (excellent credit) card. The starting limit for this card is $3,000. Most people who start out with the $200-$500 limits are on the rebuilder cards. 

 

OP: You have one of their "prime" cards so it wouldn't hurt to ask for a CLI. Chances of being approved are probably...slightly higher than the rest of us with the credit steps/(re)builder cards. Hopefully you'll be able to get up to 5k sometime soon so you get the visa sig NPSL benefit. 


Believe it or not, I have a MasterCard version. 

 

Statement officially cut this morning and no CLI on the account. Just as I expected :smileysad:

 

All I have left is the chance for approvals on other cards this week. I may call regular customer service at some point, but I won't call the Exec Office. I have only had my card for 6 months, and although I have put over $14,000 on the card in that time, I do not feel entitled to any special treatment at this point. They already gave me a huge opportunity with such a large starting line. 

 

Thanks for the help guys. If I do get an auto CLI, it looks like I may be the first to get one on this forum on an unsecured Cap1 card not in credit steps. 


In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $22.200, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Chase CSP (4/14) $12,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Forward (12/12) $9,600, Chase Freedom (12/12) $5,000

Last App: April 2, 2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}