Regular Contributor
iamdetermined

Has anyone applied for a Capital OneCLI while having a balance?

Good morning everyone.

I've been reading through the forums & see the success stories when people contact the EO for CLI (CONGRATS TO ALL THAT HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL! :smileyhappy:) - I'm curious ig anyone has gotten the increase with a balance? I am due for a CLI this month (per the steps program) & I saw a post that said some folks have requested it right before the time for account review. My balance is not large but I won't be able to pay it off until next week...any suggestions? Should I wait until I pay it off?

PERSISTENCE & PATIENCE ARE THE KEY!!
New Contributor
GatorGuy

Re: Has anyone applied for a Capital OneCLI while having a balance?

I clicked it between statements so I had a balance of $8k on there when I was approved. I got a $5k increase.

If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning. -- Aristotle
Starting Score: 777
Current Score:  761
Goal Score:      800
Contributor
darkpearl

I also had a balance and got a 2k cli. My balance was about 10% of my old limit ($300 or so).

Amex BCE $14.9k --- Cap1 QS $10.5k --- US Bank Cash+ $9.5k --- Target RedCard $300
Regular Contributor
iamdetermined

That's GREAT! WOW....you just gave me a lot of hope :smileyvery-happy: Thanks for sharing...now I'm going to try my luck :smileywink:

Regular Contributor
iamdetermined

Awesome! I hope to get @ least double. I'm not looking to spend it but I have a low CLI ($500) - I just got approved for another Cap1 card with $1,000 CL (yay!) - I want them to have about the same limit.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+