cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone applied over the last couple days and if so what have the results been?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone applied over the last couple days and if so what have the results been?

Applied and approved yesterday for Citi Diamond Preffered, $6,800 limit and a Purchase APR 8.24%.

My EQ is 768, I'm curious as to how much this new card will knock it down. 

My reason for the Citi card is to get a lower interest rate.  I really didn't want a new card, however, all my other cards have 15-plus percent interest rates n' I had no luck getting Cap-One or BoA to lower either when I called them.   

The girl at Cap-One told me the only way I could get lower rate was to apply for a new C-1 card so I applied for a new card ... Jest not with Crap-One ...  Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 48
missgamecock
Contributor

Re: Has anyone applied over the last couple days and if so what have the results been?

Chase Visa Rewards (joint w/dh) 10.99% and 7k cl

Chase Visa Rewards (just me - was initial 30 day notice) 14.99% and 7k cl

BOA joint w/DH - 11,300K CL - can't remember interest rate

TU -725

EX - 693

EQ - 718

Message 32 of 48
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@llecs wrote:
Is the Concorduser Center closed?

I don't know llecs but the Macy's fiasco was my ticket out.  Oh well.....I'm not losing sleep over it.  In fact I haven't slept better!  How about you!

If I weren't typing this, then I would be snoring!

Message 33 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the past week, Cabela's Visa (approved), Macy's Visa (approved), Circuit City Visa (approved AND reporting 1 day after getting the 30 day notice), Walmart store card (approved), Amex Costco (declined, too many new accounts).  What's that all about? I think it's time to give things a rest, but I've said that before.
Message 34 of 48
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

to the poster that was dissappointed with 1k with cabelas because of others 3500.

I got 3k, when logged in online with new card, cl 1500. They were cutting everyones approval cl by half. I would be interested to hear if any of the people that got approved for the 3500 and 4k lines KEPT those lines once the cards came or if they just don't want to share the 50% cut.

I'm still happy 1500 or 3k, it will grow!

Message 35 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditaddict, I was approved for 2k, got 2k and thought about requesting a cli upon activation. I was a little bit annoyed with the limit, but with the state of things lately, I figured I'd take what they gave me and be happy. I'm not requesting cli's on anything right now. I want them, but I don't really need them. 2k will buy me a lot of ice fishing gear.
Message 36 of 48
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

with your scores I might be grouchy about 2k too!!

I have 2 bk's and all the lates that went with bk and foreclosures, etc., all the good stuff! so being approved was hot regardless of cl. I had 652 day of approval.

Message 37 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

to the poster that was dissappointed with 1k with cabelas because of others 3500.

I got 3k, when logged in online with new card, cl 1500. They were cutting everyones approval cl by half. I would be interested to hear if any of the people that got approved for the 3500 and 4k lines KEPT those lines once the cards came or if they just don't want to share the 50% cut.

I'm still happy 1500 or 3k, it will grow!

I had my online approval of $4k which also was indicated when i got the actual card, to $2k as well. They said they do this automatically for online applications, and that they are a small bank and can't afford to give away large lines.

Message 38 of 48
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had my online approval of $4k which also was indicated when i got the actual card, to $2k as well. They said they do this automatically for online applications, and that they are a small bank and can't afford to give away large lines.

My parents have a 16k limit. That's what I'm working towards please!

Message 39 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied last week on a preapproval letter from RBS (Royal Bank of Scottland - - - go figure). Approved for $5,900.

Applied online for a CLI on my Citi Diamond card and was approved for a 40% CLI (from 4K to 5.6K).

Last month, both hubby and I received auto CLIs on our WAMU cards about a week before Chase gobbled them up.

Too terrified to try anything else these days. Smiley Wink

Message 40 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.