cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone applied over the last couple days and if so what have the results been?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone applied over the last couple days and if so what have the results been?

Almost forgot --- every time I log on to my AMEX accounts, it says I'm preapproved for a business Gold card. Not interested in actually getting the card, mind you, but I guess I could if I were so inclined.
Message 41 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone applied over the last couple days and if so what have the results been?

Creditaddict, you've been around long enough to know that numbers don't always mean much, especially with the current state of the economy. Yes, they look (and feel) good, but I also know how easily they can come crashing down. And so do the banks. I'm even ignoring a lot of the luv buttons, I don't need someone deciding I already have too much darn credit. Is there ever too much? Smiley Happy
Message 42 of 48
laz98
Senior Contributor

Just applied for Kay card.  $4800!!!  Wow!  I'm in utter amazement.  This will be treasured!  Smiley Happy
Message 43 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I may have gone a little overboard but...

Capital One (with credit steps) $1000 CL 0% til Feb then 8.9%

Barnes & Noble  $700 CL (boo)  0% for 3 months then 14.9% (boo) NO AF

HSBC - American Dream Card $1200 CL (woo hoo) 21.99% (boo) BUT it is my first ever HSBC with out an annual fee!

Amex Blue & BP Visa both said now because I had a collection on my record (pulled 10/17/08) as of yesterday I have gotten rid of 4 CA 1 more to go. Don't know if I will ask for a recon or not.

Im thinking I might be through for a while.

Message 44 of 48
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I may have gone a little overboard but...

Capital One (with credit steps) $1000 CL 0% til Feb then 8.9%

Barnes & Noble  $700 CL (boo)  0% for 3 months then 14.9% (boo) NO AF

HSBC - American Dream Card $1200 CL (woo hoo) 21.99% (boo) BUT it is my first ever HSBC with out an annual fee!

Amex Blue & BP Visa both said now because I had a collection on my record (pulled 10/17/08) as of yesterday I have gotten rid of 4 CA 1 more to go. Don't know if I will ask for a recon or not.

Im thinking I might be through for a while.

amyboo, what other cards do you have, if you don't mind me asking?

Message 45 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a regular HSBC with a $700 limit that I have had since 2005 and a Dillards store card with an $850 limit also from 2005 and my CR shows that I have a Macy's card that has been open since 2001 but I don't actually have a card and haven't for a long time. So its just an open account.
Message 46 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

to the poster that was dissappointed with 1k with cabelas because of others 3500.

I got 3k, when logged in online with new card, cl 1500. They were cutting everyones approval cl by half. I would be interested to hear if any of the people that got approved for the 3500 and 4k lines KEPT those lines once the cards came or if they just don't want to share the 50% cut.

I'm still happy 1500 or 3k, it will grow!

I'm the guy who was disappointed that I only got 1K.  I agree that my CLs will grow with time, as my Juniper MC has already grown from $400 to $1650 in a year.  I was just wondering how, when all three of my FICO scores are around 700, I'd get "just" $1000.  It obviously isn't the BK, as Cabela's is one of the most BK-friendly cards around.  What about the total amount of debts I had discharged in my BK?  Those roody poo student loans (my Experian report said one of negative was that my student loan balances were high compared to the original loan amounts)?  Maybe it's because I'm in Michigan, but I thought only AmEx used that as an excuse.  Sorry you didn't fare much better than me, Creditaddict, but I'm wondering how I can fare better than I have recently.
Message Edited by MarkRabo on 10-20-2008 09:58 PM
Message 47 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

ahhhhhhhhhhh I'm addicted to applying i think??? Applied for a Lowes card today and got approved CL only $500 tho APR 21.99 Smiley Sad

Edit...not even 2min after I posted^ I applied for a Dillards cardSmiley Surprised and low and behold GE Money Bank is showing me mad love...kinda since in the past 2 weeks or so I got a Walmart CL $700, Lowes CL $500, and Dillards CL $300. Do we see a trend here? lol Needless to say I am done appling for now my total CL on all my cards is now $3300 when they all report my utill should be 35% down from 53% Smiley Very Happy working on gettin my util down to >%5 or so in the next month or so.

...and the road to recovery continues

Message Edited by German_Girl on 10-21-2008 03:18 AM
Message 48 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.