cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone ever NOT gone for a second Amex 3xCLI?

tag
elvigy
Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever NOT gone for a second Amex 3xCLI?

I didn't do the full 3x at 61 days either. I started with a $6k limit and requested (and was approved) to round it up to $10k, which is plenty for me. With the other lines I have, my total available credit is about 70% of my income. That seems plenty for me. If I ever need more than that then something has gone seriously wrong in my life. Plus, I like the nice round number. I have two cards at an even 10k now. Smiley Happy

Amex BCP | Barclaycard Arrival WMC | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature | Discover IT
Message 21 of 25
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:
I haven't tried the 3x CLI either. I'm planning to get another Amex revolver in jan and will try to request for a 3x CLI on that card then.

I did the initial one, but not a second one. I also plan to try for another revolver and to cancel my PRG.  I'll be going for the Blue Sky or SPG I think.  I haven't yet made up my mind.

Which one are you going for?

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 22 of 25
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@noobody wrote:
my initial BCE CL is almost 20k, CSP is my main driver now, if anything, i want to CLD it to 8-10k since i read somewhere, the TOTAL revolver CL with amex cap at 34.5k

The total revolver CL with Amex is not $34.5K.  I have $50K on 3 cards.  I wouldn't preemptively CLD in any event.  If you are at the max that Amex will extend you, you can seek to reallocate credit when and if you are denied a new card.  

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 25
enharu
Super Contributor

@FutureBillionaire wrote:

@enharu wrote:
I haven't tried the 3x CLI either. I'm planning to get another Amex revolver in jan and will try to request for a 3x CLI on that card then.

I did the initial one, but not a second one. I also plan to try for another revolver and to cancel my PRG.  I'll be going for the Blue Sky or SPG I think.  I haven't yet made up my mind.

Which one are you going for?

I'll probably get the SPG. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 24 of 25
nagisa
New Contributor

I did the full 3x CLI at 61 days and then haven't done one since. The CL I have is more than plenty and I'm not sure I would gain anything by doing another.

What is a 'safe' credit-to-income ratio anyway?

PNC Points Visa $3.3k (5/09), Amex PRG NPSP (9/10), Amex BCP $19.7k (10/12), Chase Amazon $4.8k (10/12), Citi Forward $7.5k (11/12), Chase Southwest RR Premier $8k (3/13), Discover it $4.3k (11/13), Citi Double Cash $18k (PC'd 9/16 from AA Executive 7/15), Chase CSR $12.2k (9/16)
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.