cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone ever received this message from american express?

tag
amexman

Has anyone ever received this message from american express?

Thank you for applying for the Hilton Hhonors(R) Card. We value your membership and appreciate your interest in another American Express Card. According to our records, you submitted more than one application for a similar American Express Card so we've cancelled the duplicate request.

However, your original application has been reviewed and we are happy to inform you that you were approved.

Does this mean I am approved for the Hilton card or is it referring to my previous card I already have?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever received this message from american express?

@amexman wrote:

Thank you for applying for the Hilton Hhonors(R) Card. We value your membership and appreciate your interest in another American Express Card. According to our records, you submitted more than one application for a similar American Express Card so we've cancelled the duplicate request.

However, your original application has been reviewed and we are happy to inform you that you were approved.

Does this mean I am approved for the Hilton card or is it referring to my previous card I already have?

Sounds to me as you hit submit twice they canceled one app and yes you are in fact approved congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
amexman

Oh right on. Thank you for your response.

Message 3 of 8
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 4 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@amexman wrote:

Oh right on. Thank you for your response.

Look for a email soon confirming or if you're already a customer sign in to account Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 8
amexman

Thank you all. I haven't had any other emails come through with the usual reference number where I can register the card yet.

Message 6 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 8
CardsLifeLine
Frequent Contributor

Check your applciation status here ...

https://www.americanexpress.com/applicationstatus

Please do apprise us with the status ...

USBank Cash+(14K)/Penfed Rewards Visa Sigg (25K)/ Penfed Promise card (5K)/ Penfed Amex Travel Rewards card(20K)/AMEX ZYNC (NPSL)/AMEX Startwood(9K)/AMEX COSTCO(5K)/AMEX EVERY DAY (10K)/AMEX HILTON HONOURS (8K)/CHASE FREEDOM(4K)/Chase Salte(12K)/AMEX Fidelity Investments(7.5K)/BOA Better Balance Rewards(5K)/BoA Travel Signature Card (10K)/BoA rewards cards (15K)/AMEX MACYS(6K)/Barclaycard Rewards(3K)/Salie Mea (5K)/DISCOVER IT(7K)/ DCU VISA Platinum Card(7.5K)/PAYPAL MASTER CARD(8K)/GAP(4.5K)/US Bank Flex Rewards (6K)/ Best Buy (4k)/Gymbore Visa card(6K)/ TARGET(600)/CHILDREN PLACE(900)/WALMART DISCOVER(8K)/TOY R US MASTER CARD(8K)/JCP(4K)/KOHLS(400)– Total 31 Cards
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.