cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone experienced a Hooters Card CLD? Also, rate-lowering by Hooters...

tag
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Has anyone experienced a Hooters Card CLD? Also, rate-lowering by Hooters...

I have not heard many people say that their Hooters card subjected them to a CLD.  Has anyone here been victim of that?

Also, I read elsewhere that Hooters will reduce interest rates, both as requested by consumers and by their own initiative.  Does anyone have a story to tell about that?

As an aside, my husband called just today to ask for a CLI and an interest rate decrease on his Hooters card because he has just paid off the entire $1300 balance (same limit.)  He was told that they don't take consumer requests per se, or rather they can't give him an answer on the phone.  But the fact that he has asked put into a motion a request for a review.  They will look over his account and he may get one or both of the things he asked for, and I imagine he may get the answer in a letter or on his next statement.

On the other hand I called Merrick (same card issuer, different card - this is the regular Merrick card I've had since 2004 that started at some high rate and went up to 32% interest because perhaps I paid a few days late once or maybe for no reason - people have said they ratejack for no reason and I believe it)

And they told me that for the Merrick card, they will never lower any rate.  Or at least he said not due to customer request.  And there is no review process I could initiate.  He talked about federal gov't rates... I pointed out that other customers probably have lower rates than me, and he agreed... but stuck by the rhetoric that those people could not get a rate lowered by request, either.  Merrick is definitely super-sub-prime.  I said I was surpised they don't want to lower my rate to keep my charging and paying and of course this CSR does not make all the business decisions, but he lamented that it's true - Merrick won't budge to keep a customer.  I guess I'm disposable because they're really in the market for the next hurtin' loser who will charge and pay a few months and then default.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone experienced a Hooters Card CLD? Also, rate-lowering by Hooters...

Hooters don't CLD they just close your hold account if you look like a risk to them. That's what they did a few months ago to me an a few others here on this forum. They can forever keep there crappy card.
Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 02-21-2009 04:15 PM
Message 2 of 4
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Re: Has anyone experienced a Hooters Card CLD? Also, rate-lowering by Hooters...

I'm taking this as a very good sign that no one has responded and said they have been CLD'd by Hooters (or Merrick.)  Sorry to bump this, but I wanted to give people another chance to respond.

Going once, going twice....

Not applicable

Fiance has a hooterscard and they have left him alone. :-)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.