Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone experienced this with USAA?

tag
BootStraps
Established Contributor

Has anyone experienced this with USAA?

Has anyone else seen USAA hold a payment until AFTER the statement date so they can charge more interest?

As anyone experienced them moving the statement date forward after being notified of a balance transfer? (agin to charge interest)

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this type of behavior or if I'm just being a little paranoid...

USAA is quickly getting on my list with some of this stuff. Smiley Mad

Starting Score: All Under 590 (8/2011)
Current Score: Ex: 676 Eq: 681 Tu: 683
Goal Score: Ex: 725 Eq: 725 Tu: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Back in the Garden 4/22/16 Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Re: Has anyone experienced this with USAA?

@BootStraps wrote:

Has anyone else seen USAA hold a payment until AFTER the statement date so they can charge more interest?

As anyone experienced them moving the statement date forward after being notified of a balance transfer? (agin to charge interest)

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this type of behavior or if I'm just being a little paranoid...

USAA is quickly getting on my list with some of this stuff. Smiley Mad

USAA used to be my go to bank and now I barely use them for anything. While they have not tried any of the things you listed with me, they have done other things that has just turned me off from them. This isn't your dad's USAA.

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 2 of 7
Cleanmachine
Frequent Contributor

I am a member of USAA and have never had any problems with them.

If you don't mind, "Why was your payment placed on hold"??

Is this a new account and how was the payment made?

In my opinion something does not seem right about your problem.

Personally I would contact them to see if you can obtain a better insight of the problem.

Message 3 of 7
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

Being an USAA for over 5 years, I haven't heard of any of these things at all. As the other users stated, you may want to contact them again and get better clarity of the situation. 

Note: The only time I got my payment placed on hold is when I was a new member and I was making CC payments from an outside bank (AMEX and Discover did the same thing as well) as procedure to hold payments ranging from a week to over two weeks (AMEX). But if this is your problem, the best thing to do would be set up auto payment from the bank to the CC account (Ass I learned from AMEX)

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 4 of 7
cs91
Regular Contributor

I have never had this happen, USAA CSR have always been great to me and I think if you give them a call, you will be able to get everything squared away or at least get an explanation.

Message 5 of 7
BootStraps
Established Contributor

@Cleanmachine wrote:

I am a member of USAA and have never had any problems with them.

If you don't mind, "Why was your payment placed on hold"??

Is this a new account and how was the payment made?

In my opinion something does not seem right about your problem.

Personally I would contact them to see if you can obtain a better insight of the problem.

The account is a year old and I paid (as I always do) from my USAA checking account.Instead of it being credited the next day like it normally does, it was not credited for almost a week.

I used the wrong terminology. I should have said it wasn't credited not 'was placed on hold.'

Sorry about that.

Starting Score: All Under 590 (8/2011)
Current Score: Ex: 676 Eq: 681 Tu: 683
Goal Score: Ex: 725 Eq: 725 Tu: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Back in the Garden 4/22/16 Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 7
avv7c0
Regular Contributor

I had something similar a couple of years ago. One call to a CSR identified the breakdown on their end, not mine, and they rectified everything immediately.
----------------------------------------------------------
Fico Scores:
EQ - 811 (Feb '14)
TU - 829 (Mar '14)
EX - 814 (Mar '12) - Lender Pull
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.