cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone gotten an auto CLI from discover two months in a row?

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Has anyone gotten an auto CLI from discover two months in a row?

@BOSScredit wrote:

If so, what were your spending habits, how much of a balance did you have and how much were your CLIs.

Keep in mind that CLI's are not based solely on spend and balance.  One's credit matters as well.  If factors in your credit prevent you from meeting the creditor's critiera then it doesn't matter what your spend or balance is.

Message 11 of 14
dave024
New Contributor

I got two automatic increases from Discover within 1-2 months of eachother. My balance was a little over 50% of my limit using a 0% promotion. I wasn't using the card much or at all at the time. The last of these increases was one year from my account opening.

Message 12 of 14
BOSScredit
Regular Contributor

Yes I'm on the 0% period. I would never pay interest in order to get a credit limit increase. I also never live beyond my means. Meaning the high utilization I'm augmenting has its equivalent payment waiting in my checking account.. I've never payed interest and I'll try to keep that going for as long as I can (treat that credit card like a debit card as much as possible). Also, yes I'm aware, my score is 750 via discover so it most likely isn't limiting me. Thanks for the info though!

Message 13 of 14
BOSScredit
Regular Contributor

Now that you mention it, my AAoA is low, but that's because I'm young. Can't do anything about that.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.