cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone gotten an auto CLI from discover two months in a row?

tag
BOSScredit
Regular Contributor

Has anyone gotten an auto CLI from discover two months in a row?

Has anyone gotten an auto cli from discover IT two months in a row? If so, what were your spending habits, how much of a balance did you have and how much were your CLIs. Thanks! 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Has anyone gotten an auto CLI from discover two months in a row?

@BOSScredit wrote:

Has anyone gotten an auto cli from discover IT two months in a row? If so, what were your spending habits, how much of a balance did you have and how much were your CLIs. Thanks! 

I did not get auto CLI's but i did get 2 SP's CLI in a row( within 2 months ) after a lil long 14 month wait for any luv. I ran a lil over 10k though the card since i have had it.Also i make  2 payments a month . A CSR said they like to see that and carry a small bal each month.

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 14
G19OD
Contributor

I did, I apped for the card and was approved with a 3k limit. I immediately maxed it out during a home remodel to take advantage of the 0% APR. A couple months later, it auto CLI to $3,600 and then subsequently to $4,200. Weird, as it was still pretty much maxed out.

Message 3 of 14
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Not two months in a row but I did get two auto CLI on the way. Started out as $2K, then $3.5k, followed by $5K. Didn't spend a lot.

Message 4 of 14
striehl8212
Frequent Contributor

@BOSScredit wrote:

I had two auto increases the past two months. I went through the automated system and when it said more information was needed and I was being forwarded to a repreventative, I hung up. The next day, both times, there was a $1,500 increase to my account. 

March 2014: EX 693 I EQ 672 I TU 694
September 2014: EX 721 I EQ 741 I TU 742
Message 5 of 14
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Man, I wish I could get two auto-CLIs in a row...

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 6 of 14
nyancat
Established Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

@BOSScredit wrote:

I did not get auto CLI's but i did get 2 SP's CLI in a row( within 2 months ) after a lil long 14 month wait for any luv. I ran a lil over 10k though the card since i have had it.Also i make  2 payments a month . A CSR said they like to see that and carry a small bal each month.

Just a piece of friendly advice - ignore this very financially unwise advice! Sure, CC companies may like balances, but that's because they charge you interest and fees! Never, ever, ever, ever carry a balance. The day you do, credit cards cease to be a wise tool for managing your money while getting rewarded and start costing you. If a credit card company will only treat you right if you carry a balance, they're just not worth having.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 7 of 14
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Unless you have a card(s) with 0%.
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 8 of 14
nyancat
Established Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:
Unless you have a card(s) with 0%.

Very good point on a great exception if you can manage your money better than I. I, personally, prefer to only spend money I know I have at the moment in time I choose to spend it.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 9 of 14
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@BOSScredit wrote:

I haven't gotten jack from them since day 1...they are SD'ed...Smiley Mad!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.