cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone gotten approved under 700?

tag
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: Has anyone gotten approved under 700?

Recommended cards are in no way indicative of approval. Barclays will tell you explicitly if youve been pre-approved for a particular card.
Message 11 of 17
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

How old is the BK?
Message 12 of 17
12njoy
Super Contributor

@betterscorenow wrote:

I am trying to decide whether to apply for a secured or unsecured card. My score is only about 660 and I'm afraid that I'll be rejected and worsen my score with inquiries.

On the other hand, will a secured card improve my score at this point? I don't have any credit cards at the moment.

You should be able to get a Walmart card.  I think the threshold for them are 620's.  Barclays might let you in, but I think they like to see some credit card history first.  How old is the BK?  I got all my cards with scores ranging from 642-696 FICO.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 13 of 17
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

I would try GECRB cards first; they offer store cards and Visa/MC/Discover cards.  For example, I had the Wal-Mart and Sam's Club store cards, have since been able to get Wal-Mar and Sam's Club Discover cards; started with Old Navy store card, now have the Old Navy Visa.   Just my 2 cents worth, but an application with GERCB at least gives you 2 chances at getting a card.  If they don't approve you for the Visa/MC version of the card they OFTEN will approve you for a store card.

Message 14 of 17
12njoy
Super Contributor

@ecxpa wrote:

I would try GECRB cards first; they offer store cards and Visa/MC/Discover cards.  For example, I had the Wal-Mart and Sam's Club store cards, have since been able to get Wal-Mar and Sam's Club Discover cards; started with Old Navy store card, now have the Old Navy Visa.   Just my 2 cents worth, but an application with GERCB at least gives you 2 chances at getting a card.  If they don't approve you for the Visa/MC version of the card they OFTEN will approve you for a store card.

+1

___________ 12Njoy
Message 15 of 17
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

........another thing......the CL grows fast with GECRBSmiley Wink

Message 16 of 17
12njoy
Super Contributor

@ecxpa wrote:

........another thing......the CL grows fast with GECRBSmiley Wink

I'm hoping and praying for another auto cli this month.  March 9th will be another 4th statement

___________ 12Njoy
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.