Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had any success?

tag
theeurotuner
Valued Member

Has anyone had any success?

Has anyone had any success having a credit card issuer waive the 3% balance transfer fee? It would be nice transferring a small balance to put payments through an account instead of making purchases on a new card I don't need.

Thanks for your help in advance!
Amex BCP- 1k, Amex EDP - 15k, Amex PRG, Barclays Ring - 10k, Barclays Arrival Plus World Elite - 12k, Chase Freedom - 5k, Discover it - 15k, Discover Escape: 17k, USAA World MasterCard: 10k, Walmart - 7,500, P.C. Richards - 5k, Lowes - 9k, Bank Of America 1 2 3 Cash - 15K, Amazon - 7,500K ~~~ Fico - TU-759, EQ-720, EX-751
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Has anyone had any success?

@theeurotuner wrote:
Has anyone had any success having a credit card issuer waive the 3% balance transfer fee? It would be nice transferring a small balance to put payments through an account instead of making purchases on a new card I don't need.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Never tried it.

More than likely your getting 0% on the BT so I highly doubt they'd go for not getting any kind of fee for the BT unless it was already stated in the T & C.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 8
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Are you talking about transferring to one of your exsisting accounts?  If not, you might try the Slate card from Chase.  It is the only one I know of that is offering 0s across the board on BTs.  Since you already have a Freedom, you should have no problem getting the Slate, if your history with Chase is solid.

Message 3 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

Are you talking about transferring to one of your exsisting accounts?  If not, you might try the Slate card from Chase.  It is the only one I know of that is offering 0s across the board on BTs.  Since you already have a Freedom, you should have no problem getting the Slate, if your history with Chase is solid.

I believe the OP is looking for a BT on an existing account with no fees and trying not to open a new account to do it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 8
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

I'm confused to your reasoning on this. If the payments are small then why do you need a card with a 0% fee? Are you trying to generate activity on multiple cards using a single purchase? The only card I know of with 0% transfer fee is the Chase Slate sign up offer.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 5 of 8
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I have gotten promos from my chase amazon card where the BT fee was only 1% and the 0% was for 12 months.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 8
theeurotuner
Valued Member

Sorry for the delayed response! All of you are partially right lol. I opened a bofa card recently and don't need anything so just wanted to show activity without buying something I don't need. I think it may just be easier to just fill up my tank one a month to get some payments through that account!

I guess I always make everything more complicated than it has to be. Thanks for all of your responses.
Amex BCP- 1k, Amex EDP - 15k, Amex PRG, Barclays Ring - 10k, Barclays Arrival Plus World Elite - 12k, Chase Freedom - 5k, Discover it - 15k, Discover Escape: 17k, USAA World MasterCard: 10k, Walmart - 7,500, P.C. Richards - 5k, Lowes - 9k, Bank Of America 1 2 3 Cash - 15K, Amazon - 7,500K ~~~ Fico - TU-759, EQ-720, EX-751
Message 7 of 8
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

Just go to a 7-11 or something and buy a bag of beef jerky and a slurpee. I have a card I don't plan on using much so I just threw my cat's monthly vet plan($25) on it. It easy to show activity without complicating things.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.