Regular Contributor
armywifey85

Re: Has anyone had their NFCU credit card APR lowered?

[ Edited ]

I sent them this in a message:

I was recently informed by other NFCU members that credit card holders are/may be eligible for an APR reduction each year. I would like to request it at this time. Thank You,

My name.

It workerd, they lowered mine from 12.65 to 9.65. It took a few hours and, it showed up on my account. Thats the lowest they go on a rewards cash back card.

Valued Contributor
rootpooty

armywifey85 wrote:

I sent them this in a message:

I was recently informed by other NFCU members that credit card holders are/may be eligible for an APR reduction each year. I would like to request it at this time. Thank You,

My name.

It workerd, they lowered mine from 12.65 to 9.65. It took a few hours and, it showed up on my account. Thats the lowest they go on a rewards cash back card.

Thanks this was the answer I was hoping for (and im sure the OP as well)

I was under the impression that maybe a 1% decrease every year but hey 3% ill take it!

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Regular Contributor
armywifey85

[ Edited ]

I was only expecting 1% decrease, they really surprised me with the 3%. What can I say it's NAVY. I almost passed out with the credit line. Your welcome Rootpooty, good luck.

Frequent Contributor
iMacDrew

ChesterPDexter wrote:

Thanks - I did a search and I see that people tend to get a 1% reduction.  Has anyone gotten a reduction larger than that?

after having the card for a few years I finally asked after I did a Product change I went from the cash rewards max apr to the Flagships min. its almost a 9% reduction.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Thanks for everyone who posted.

Very good info

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
ChesterPDexter

You guys must have better credit scores than we do (ours are in  the high 600s, like 670 or so) or fewer accounts open or something.  They said no to both of us.  No to my husband and no to me, for both cards.

interestingly, they gave both of us credit limit increases recently, though.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}