cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had their NFCU credit card APR lowered?

tag
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

Re: Has anyone had their NFCU credit card APR lowered?

I sent them this in a message:

I was recently informed by other NFCU members that credit card holders are/may be eligible for an APR reduction each year. I would like to request it at this time. Thank You,

My name.

It workerd, they lowered mine from 12.65 to 9.65. It took a few hours and, it showed up on my account. Thats the lowest they go on a rewards cash back card.

Message 11 of 16
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@armywifey85 wrote:

I sent them this in a message:

I was recently informed by other NFCU members that credit card holders are/may be eligible for an APR reduction each year. I would like to request it at this time. Thank You,

My name.

It workerd, they lowered mine from 12.65 to 9.65. It took a few hours and, it showed up on my account. Thats the lowest they go on a rewards cash back card.

Thanks this was the answer I was hoping for (and im sure the OP as well)

I was under the impression that maybe a 1% decrease every year but hey 3% ill take it!

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 12 of 16
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

I was only expecting 1% decrease, they really surprised me with the 3%. What can I say it's NAVY. I almost passed out with the credit line. Your welcome Rootpooty, good luck.

Message 13 of 16
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

Thanks - I did a search and I see that people tend to get a 1% reduction.  Has anyone gotten a reduction larger than that?

after having the card for a few years I finally asked after I did a Product change I went from the cash rewards max apr to the Flagships min. its almost a 9% reduction.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 14 of 16
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for everyone who posted.

Very good info

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 15 of 16
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

You guys must have better credit scores than we do (ours are in  the high 600s, like 670 or so) or fewer accounts open or something.  They said no to both of us.  No to my husband and no to me, for both cards.

interestingly, they gave both of us credit limit increases recently, though.