cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone received their AA Aviator card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone received their AA Aviator card?

@AeroKrix wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditJim wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Supposedly you can request the new card earlier than June/July if you request a replacement card online. I did a few days ago so we'll see if that's true when I receive it.

It'll be interesting to see if that's true because I was told catagorically they're not making them yet and there was no way to get one early.

Just got my replacement card today and it is indeed an Aviator card. Cat Happy Didn't get a PIN though so I went ahead and set it online.

How long have you had your U.S. Airways account? Or does that not affect whether or not your replacement card is an Aviator? I'm assuming that they no longer print the old us air cards and any cards requested from now on has to be the aviator. I recently opened my account on April 2nd, and I'm going to request a replacement and see what comes next week

I app'd end of December and the account switched to Aviator pretty quickly after they stopped taking apps. I presume as long as your account shows an Aviator card and not US Airways that you'll get the former if you request a replacement.

Message 21 of 29
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AeroKrix wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditJim wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Supposedly you can request the new card earlier than June/July if you request a replacement card online. I did a few days ago so we'll see if that's true when I receive it.

It'll be interesting to see if that's true because I was told catagorically they're not making them yet and there was no way to get one early.

Just got my replacement card today and it is indeed an Aviator card. Cat Happy Didn't get a PIN though so I went ahead and set it online.

How long have you had your U.S. Airways account? Or does that not affect whether or not your replacement card is an Aviator? I'm assuming that they no longer print the old us air cards and any cards requested from now on has to be the aviator. I recently opened my account on April 2nd, and I'm going to request a replacement and see what comes next week

I app'd end of December and the account switched to Aviator pretty quickly after they stopped taking apps. I presume as long as your account shows an Aviator card and not US Airways that you'll get the former if you request a replacement.

Oh man! I just requested the card and my account still shows the U.S. Air as the card picture. But it says on the side under "Barclay Extras" that my aviator card is on the way. 

Edit: added - but my rewards have been updated to aviator reward structure, not the old us air rewards.

Current 09/01/2021 EQ - 515 FAKO ; EX - 591 FICO ; TU - 598 FICO

Venmo CC $5.0K || Paypal Cashback CC $2.0K || Walmart CC $3.0K || CapOne QS1 $700 || CapOne QS $800 || Mission Lane $1.5K || Merrick $1.0K || AMEX Optima $500
Message 22 of 29
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

The letter I got from them said mine would be mailed in May.  My account online show the Aviator card.  I'm not in a rush to get it so when it gets here, it gets here.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

My online account is still showing the US Air card but I applied for a replacement.   We'll see what card I get in about a week.

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

does anyone know if the aviator cards will be chip + pin or just chip + signature? 

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

does anyone know if the aviator cards will be chip + pin or just chip + signature? 

They're like Barclay's other cards: chip and signature but will ask for a PIN if you try to use the card at a ticket machine/gas pump.

Message 26 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I tried to request a replacement online but it said I had to call up to get one, so I called up this morning and got a replacement ordered. Account shows aaviator card, and when I called up the CSR I spoke with said "How can I help you with your AAdvantage Aviator Red card today" 

Also asked about upgrade to silver and was told it was a no go. 

Message 27 of 29
I_need_720
Regular Contributor

I received my card yesterday. Called about upgrading from Red to Silver and was told that they will start processing those request on June 1st.

br>Current Scores: EQ: 629 EX: 654 TU: 682 on 12/30/2014 from myFico
Starting Scores: EQ: 640 EX: 672 TU: 663 on 08/26/2014 from myFico
Goal Scores: 750+

In the Garden till October 2015 - Last App November 13, 2014
Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received my card several weeks ago - the week after the changeover.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.