cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone recieved this offer from Amex?

tag
UpNUp
Regular Contributor

Has anyone recieved this offer from Amex?

I recieved this email offer yesterday.

You're Invited!

Receive a $30 statement credit just for using your Card. It's easy!

1. Register your Card, the one which was included in your invitation.
  2. Spend at 6 of the places below by November 30, 2010.
  3. Receive a $30 statement credit!

So register now!

Stock Up

• Big Lots!
  • Walmart
  • drugstore.com

On the Go

• Panera Bread
  • Exxon Stations
  • Chevron Stations

Dining Out

• P.F. Chang's China Bistro
  • Ruby Tuesday
  • The Cheesecake Factory
  • California Pizza Kitchen

It's funny that I recieved this offer about six weeks after I quit using my green card and switched to my PenFed Visa for everything. I guess they want my business back.

I will take advantage and carefully spend about $40 at six differrent places.

I already used it at McDonalds tonite. One down five to go.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Has anyone recieved this offer from Amex?

I've had this in the past. I'm doomed on these things, as it's far beyond my abilities to keep track of all these specific places.

It's all I can do to remember two of the three quarterly special categories for my Chase Freedom. Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 6
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

I guess AMEX is lowering their standard because in the end its all about the $$$$.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 3 of 6
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

It's all I can do to remember two of the three quarterly special categories for my Chase Freedom. Smiley Tongue

I know. You have to draw the line somewhere. I can remember Costco's 3% for gas and restaurants and one or two of the current 5% categories for Discover; the rest gets put on the travel card for next summer's trip. Too bad Discover and Freedom have the same quarter for gas by the way. But I certainly could benefit from the 5% off groceries.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheCreditKid wrote:

I guess AMEX is lowering their standard because in the end its all about the $$$$.

Why? Just because marketing thinks it's a good idea to send you to McDonald's, this doesn't mean that a credit analyst will not think it's time for a financial review Smiley Very Happy.

Message 5 of 6
UpNUp
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@TheCreditKid wrote:

Why? Just because marketing thinks it's a good idea to send you to McDonald's, this doesn't mean that a credit analyst will not think it's time for a financial review Smiley Very Happy.

It would be unAmerican of Amex to deny me McD's.

It makes me sad to think I could never have a quarter pounder again. Smiley Sad

I'm being sarcastic of course.

Like I said on more than one  occassion, if they ever FR me because of where I shop or for any other reason, I will close my account. However, they are more than welcome to soft my reports ten times a day if they wish.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.