cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone reconned Citi for too many inquiries?

tag
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

Has anyone reconned Citi for too many inquiries?

Any recon success stories on this and if so, what did you say to the rep?  i had about 7-8 in the past month or so. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
logan_720
Established Contributor

Re: Has anyone reconned Citi for too many inquiries?

Yes, I have and I didn't get very far. I wrote a letter asking for a reconsideration for the Dividend Platinum Select, in the letter I asked for a credit line that they saw fit, insinuating that they can give me a small credit line so that I could build their trust...so on and so fourth. A few days after mailing the letter, I got a call from a woman from one of their banks saying the my application was still denied. It was very frustrating because they say people with high inquiries pose a greater risk to abusing credit, yet looking at my payment history, and utilization, I have never even came close to abusing what credit I do have. Also, all three of my scores are above 715, so basically I took it as they simply did not want to lend to me.

So in my opinion every denial is worth a recon because you already have the hard pull, but I wouldn't get your hopes up, unless you are trying to recon with Barclay, in which case, recon's are cake.Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone reconned Citi for too many inquiries?

I don't have Citi in my wallet and do NOT want Citi in my wallet, just my humble opinion.

But I'd say to you, call for recon, you already took the hit, you have nothing to lose, just be sure that Citi does not pull a fast one on you and pull another report upon recon.

Best of Luck.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.