cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone successfully downgraded Arrival + to Arrival lately?

tag
Aarvard
Established Contributor

Has anyone successfully downgraded Arrival + to Arrival lately?

I have called them three times already, but they said that my Arrival was the best product and thus unable to let me downgrade, which is a total BS in my opinion. I have read many threads regarding this issue, but can't find anything lately. Could it be that they have changed the system so either you pay the AF or just close the card?

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Has anyone successfully downgraded Arrival + to Arrival lately?

In the past, it was routine to request a PC from the Arrival+ to the no-fee arrival.  However, recently, I've read quite a few accounts where Barclays has summarily denied the request.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is possible, but I have heard rumors as well that it's become harder. Were there any downgrade offers at all? The new CashForward is a promising PC choice, if it's available.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My recent experience with Barclaycard is  "THEY DON"T SWITCH PRODUCTS". They told me I have to close the account and apply for the new one.

@Aarvard wrote:

I have called them three times already, but they said that my Arrival was the best product and thus unable to let me downgrade, which is a total BS in my opinion. I have read many threads regarding this issue, but can't find anything lately. Could it be that they have changed the system so either you pay the AF or just close the card?

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aarvard wrote:

Same experience. Also seeking for a solution since my annual fee is gonna kick in about 1 week

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The ability to PC a card is not some inalienable right. You got a nice bonus, but part of that was getting a card with an annual fee.

I was tempted to get Arrival+ instead of Arrival for another "easy" extra $200 like others, but I decided to avoid the likely headache.

It's true that Arrival+ has been nerfed a bit, but that $89 AF was always there and a very ugly feature in the long run.

Message 6 of 12
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Nice info in this thread. Guess I'll be dumping the Barclay next year once I get my use out of it.

Message 7 of 12
willwar14
Valued Contributor

I had to go through Barclay's EO to PC my apple card to the rewards card. I'd suggest leaving them a message on their facebook page (us barclays) and have them call you and take it from there. GL!!

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 8 of 12
Aarvard
Established Contributor

@willwar14 wrote:

I had to go through Barclay's EO to PC my apple card to the rewards card. I'd suggest leaving them a message on their facebook page (us barclays) and have them call you and take it from there. GL!!

So yesterday I made my last attempt to downgrade the card. This time it went through smoothly. The CSR just transferred me to the manager and it took like 2 mins for her to finish the process. Kinda weird why they refused to do so in the last few days.

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 9 of 12
eddie84
Valued Contributor

I just downgraded mine last month via phone call with no problem whatsoever.  Took them a couple of minutes and that was it.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.