Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has this happened to anyone?

tag
mrmichaelscott
Established Member

Re: Has this happened to anyone?

@Kutuzov wrote:

You can correct it, and if they don't you can sue them. BUT is actually good to have on time payments and a credit history on a TL even if closed, it helps you AAoA. So if it was me I would just leave it alone.

Sue them for what? Sue who? Sue so that the bank can close out all of OPs accounts? it's misreporting it's minor not even a big deal at all and you want to sue. It's funny how people think, first thing comes out of thier mouth.. sue sue sue... Are you an attorney? How are you giving legal advise?

Message 11 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Keep in mind, that there is no law stating cc's must report to CRAs only that if they do they report accurate information. In your case, they are not reporting the TL, thus they are not violating any laws.

I have a MC that reports to EQ and TU, not EX. It is the lenders right to use whichever agency they seem fit.
Message 12 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
Keep in mind, that there is no law stating cc's must report to CRAs only that if they do they report accurate information. In your case, they are not reporting the TL, thus they are not violating any laws.

I have a MC that reports to EQ and TU, not EX. It is the lenders right to use whichever agency they seem fit.

+1

@ Kutuzov - the OP clearly only wanted to know if this had happened based on the outcome.  No statement was ever made of seeking legal recourse, so I'm not sure to what advanatge you pointed with *suing* the lender as the OP did not appear to seek such advise in the first place.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.