Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have Hard Limit Zync...Just Approved for Green

tag
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

Have Hard Limit Zync...Just Approved for Green

I know there's been a lot of discussion on the forum about whether or not you can get approved for another AmEx card while having the hard limit Zync. I have the $500 hard limit Zync, which I received last October. I've used it extensively, and mind you....I NEVER set up the autopay. I just paid the bill multiple times per month to ensure it was manageable for me and that I never overextended myself. I apped for the green back in June and was denied. I believe my Exp score at that time, as per the denial letter, was 649. I apped again on 10/9, after a major derogatory account fell off all three reports. As per the USAA Experian FAKO score I was at 587 and once the derogatory account fell off my FAKO jumped to 696, so I assumed that my actual Experian FICO had to be much higher. My 10/9 app was instantly denied. I called the backdoor nmber and was told that they used my Experian report from 9/22. I asked if I could fax an updated report and they said yes. I did that same day and waited. Next day online status changed from DENIED to IN PROGRESS. On 10/15 they did a hard pull and I followed up with a call on 10/16. Was told it was being reviewed by underwriting and to continue waiting. I checked status everyday all day. Finally, I just checked a few minutes ago and status changed to APPROVED. I'm psyched! Still don't know what my actual Exp FICO ended up being but it must be decent. And I was at 90% utilizatio as well. I had just paid down my cards to 50% utilization but they ont update until the end of the month. I guess underwriting must have been sattisfied with my strong payyment history over the past year. I have one HSBC charge-off from 2010 on all reports--it has a zero balance and 2 satisfied State tax liens on EQ only.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: Have Hard Limit Zync...Just Approved for Green

You could probably MOV off those tax liens on EQ...just a thought. :-)

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 2 of 16
mrcrush20
New Contributor

nice, i would hate to close my zync. thanks for the update

Message 3 of 16
GlocksAndCredit
Regular Contributor

YES! Success!!!!!!!! Gives us all hope (((((((: CONGRATS!!!!!

CSP $9500, CapitalOne VentureOne Sig Visa $8000 Chase Freedom Sig Visa $5000, Citi ThankYou Preferred Sig Visa $5000, Amazon Store Card $5000, Discover IT $4800, CapitalOne Quick Silver MasterCard $4000, Fidelity AMEX $4000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $3300, Hilton Honors Sig Visa $3300, Citi Double Cash $2700, SunTrust Cash Rewards $2500, Citi Simplicity Visa $2300, AMEX BCE $2000, AMEX Everyday $2000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles $2000, Amazon Reward Visa $1800, BP VIsa $1800, Barclays Apple Visa $1700, Suncoast FCU $1000, Target REDCard $900

Current Scores: EQ 727 (Fico), EX 735 (Fico) **In the Garden unti....forever.
Message 4 of 16
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@collinsridge wrote:

YES! Success!!!!!!!! Gives us all hope (((((((: CONGRATS!!!!!

Agree, thanks for sharing your outcome... this will give good info to other zync cardholders who have the 500 HL option

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 16
YahComb
Established Contributor

wasn't your limit actually raised though? thats kind of a unique situation for most with the 500HL autopay Zync.. When you were approved for your zync last year was it instant?

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 6 of 16
dude11
Regular Contributor

I knew it!!!!

Message 7 of 16
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

Awesome news!!!! Congrats!!

Message 8 of 16
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

I've tried and tried and tried.  No go to remove them from EQ.  I'm exhausted from trying!

Message 9 of 16
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

Actually, it wasn't.  What had happened was that I had forced a payment to them through my bank account for a charge that hadn't posted yet.  So  my available credit was temporarily inflated.  It corrected itself, though!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.