cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have No Credit, need Unsecured Card? Navy Federal?

tag
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Have No Credit, need Unsecured Card? Navy Federal?

@IkaLunch wrote:

What were your stats when you applied for the Capital One unsecured? I looked at their student unsecured card, but I've heard that it's near impossible to get since I've never been employed and my income is very very low.

It if weren't for that, I'd apply for a Capital One card if I'm rejected for a NFCU unsecured.

Nothing. A blank credit report. Their average credit one are easy to get while excellent credit one are very strict.

Go look for Capital One Journey.

Message 11 of 12
IkaLunch

Re: Have No Credit, need Unsecured Card? Navy Federal?

@sailor_mercury wrote:

@IkaLunch wrote:

I believe I qualify to join with them, so I will look into NFCU some more! Thank you.

What you're saying is that if I apply for an unsecured with NFCU and get rejected, they'll offer me a guaranteed secured card, and then that card will become Unsecured after 12 months of perfect behavior?

Yes that is correct.   The minimum deposit is $500, that amount will show in your savings account balance but will not be in the available balance.  After 12 months of making at least the minimum payment (with no late payments) the amount you deposited against the card becomes part of your available balance.  You can also apply for a second NFCU card once you have at least 6 months of credit history.  I had an secured nRewards card with a $500 limit/deposit, after 9 months I applied for cashRewards and was approved for $15,000.00 (my annual income is around $98k).  After my 12th payment they unsecured the card and raised the limit on my nRewards to $3,000.00.

Thank you! I will apply for a NFCU unsecured asap. I want the cashRewards, but I'm not sure I have any chance of getting it.

Maybe applying for Platinum is best.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.