cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have Zync--would app for Green be a hard or soft?

tag
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

Re: Have Zync--would app for Green be a hard or soft?

@Anonymous wrote:

To whom it may concern,

I too have a Zync card and app'ed for a Gold only after 2 months of having the card. Received an instant approval (and hard pull). However, I did not have the hard limit so this isn't a complete apples to apples comparison.

Ive had the Zync NPSL since Nov. of last year, Ive app'd twice for the gold since then, once in december and once a couple days ago, both declined. The denial letter only listed one reason, not enough time as an amex customer. It's only been a soft both times. YMMV but this has been my experience and it seems we are close to the same boat.

Edit: In my denial letter it always states, your ex score was (x) on this date. So it seems they dont soft you on the spot, they use their last soft and your internal info.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jake0215 wrote:

Ive had the Zync NPSL since Nov. of last year, Ive app'd twice for the gold since then, once in december and once a couple days ago, both declined. The denial letter only listed one reason, not enough time as an amex customer. It's only been a soft both times. YMMV but this has been my experience and it seems we are close to the same boat.

Edit: In my denial letter it always states, your ex score was (x) on this date. So it seems they dont soft you on the spot, they use their last soft and your internal info.

I'm sorry to hear about the denials Smiley Mad consider running all charges through the card if you can. I ran 2k through the fist month and 3k through the 2nd before applying for the gold. I've heard through the grapevine that their internal scoring method takes into account factors like: how soon a customer pays their balance after the statement cuts, income, and other demographical factors... With amex Who knows!

Message 22 of 23
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jake0215 wrote:

I'm sorry to hear about the denials Smiley Mad consider running all charges through the card if you can. I ran 2k through the fist month and 3k through the 2nd before applying for the gold. I've heard through the grapevine that their internal scoring method takes into account factors like: how soon a customer pays their balance after the statement cuts, income, and other demographical factors... With amex Who knows!

That is the truth.  Hard to understand their logic sometimes....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.