Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have a interesting situation coming up

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Have a interesting situation coming up

I'm getting very nervous...

I made a BT to my new Barclays MC on the 13th which transferred 4k over from my CU card. The transfer still has not posted yet.

The CU card's statement closing date is 9/30.

Barclays MC's statement closing date is the 11th.

If that BT does not post by 9/30, i'm going to end up with 4k more tacked onto my overall util. for at least 3 weeks. Smiley Mad

I'm concerned my other creditors will frown on this and get spooked. Would it be worth a call to the CU and see if they can do a manual update or just let it fly?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

Re: Have a interesting situation coming up

@LS2982 wrote:

I made a BT to my new Barclays MC on the 13th which transferred 4k over from my CU card. The transfer still has not posted yet.

If that BT does not post by 9/30, i'm going to end up with 4k more tacked onto my overall util. for at least 3 weeks. Smiley Mad

I'm concerned my other creditors will frown on this and get spooked. Would it be worth a call to the CU and see if they can do a manual update or just let it fly?

Seeing as the 30th is a sunday (we all know things rarely post electronically on a sunday) i would give your CU a call and see if they can do a manual update! It cant hurt...

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Tommy5746 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Seeing as the 30th is a sunday (we all know things rarely post electronically on a sunday) i would give your CU a call and see if they can do a manual update! It cant hurt...

I'd have to wait until it posts. I'd feel uncomfortable asking that question tho.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 15
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Tommy5746 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

I'd have to wait until it posts. I'd feel uncomfortable asking that question tho.

true.. I would too.. but, its worth feeling a little uncomfortable for the same of your util..

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 15
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I would not be concerned unless you plan on applying for credit. I had some cards sitting in a rewards bank account for a few months and no creditors said anything.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@navigatethis12 wrote:

I would not be concerned unless you plan on applying for credit. I had some cards sitting in a rewards bank account for a few months and no creditors said anything.

+1

Message 6 of 15
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

at least the company (Barclays) that is most sensitive of such things is involved with the actual transaction, just be patent don't AP for anything and make sure you pay the minimum payment on all accounts just in case. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 7 of 15
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

LS.... if I were you I wouldn't worry about this. You aren't applying so you should be fine. Its not like you are just paying minimums... I think minimum payments scare them more than balances on other cards
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 8 of 15
android01
Valued Contributor

LS, you'll be fine .  Credit is extended and used in larger or smaller amounts.  One or two months difference in (higher/lower)  utilization shouldn't make a difference.  It's why we were extended credit, no? 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 9 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Eh, I guess your right. Just not used to high utilization, and false numbers at that lol

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.