Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have a interesting situation coming up

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: Have a interesting situation coming up

I hear ya. I had to let a card report this month with a high balance due to storm related items. Indy score today dropped 30 pts from this utilization change. I've already paid off card and paid all my other balances on new cards except for zync. I'm nervous as hell right now with this temporary bump on my CR. Next month ill gain pts back but don't like having this drop on report so soon after getting new cards. 

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 15
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

I hear ya. I had to let a card report this month with a high balance due to storm related items. Indy score today dropped 30 pts from this utilization change. I've already paid off card and paid all my other balances on new cards except for zync. I'm nervous as hell right now with this temporary bump on my CR. Next month ill gain pts back but don't like having this drop on report so soon after getting new cards. 

This.

I transferred several balances to one card to take advantage of a 0% BT offer, but only because the card was being upgraded to a Signature card that does not report the CL.  So, I'm at  80% utilization right now and the card still hasn't changed to the signature version (statement updates in one week!).  And I've gotten 3 new cards over the past 6 weeks, so yeah, I'm worried, too; I would hate for anything to jeopardize my relationship with the new card issuers...

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 12 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

A one month swing in balances is never something to sweat. Credit cards are designed for short-term float, it's not a big deal.

This forum is way outside the bell curve, AA is not nearly as common as the members of this forum make it out to be.

Go back to your normal habits / balances next month (or at least making progress on them) and you'll be fine.

        
Message 13 of 15
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:
A one month swing in balances is never something to sweat. Credit cards are designed for short-term float, it's not a big deal.

This forum is way outside the bell curve, AA is not nearly as common as the members of this forum make it out to be.

Go back to your normal habits / balances next month (or at least making progress on them) and you'll be fine.

Thank you, Community Leader (congrats on this, by the way) Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 14 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks TNT Smiley Happy

        
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.