cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have been wanting to get approved for an AMEX card or store AMEX card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Have been wanting to get approved for an AMEX card or store AMEX card.

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I did it was a hard decline because I am a prior applicant. 

I don't see this asked.  Did you have Amex before? If so, why was it closed based on your above response? Also, why the need for an Amex in particular if you don't mind me asking?

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you know any other credit cards that use the AMEX network or maybe those that aren't so stingy with applications? 

No idea why you need AMEX network (but not Centurion Bank), but I know some more "general" banks have AMEX network cards... USAA, Bank of America, etc. If you have a banking relationship with a bank or CU that offers an AMEX network card maybe that would be easier?

Although the only large merchant I know of that only accepts AMEX cards, Costco, will be changing to Visa soon, so I'm interested to hear why you need this particular payment network!

Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there any store AMEX cards that will approve me based on my credit ?

Hello, Everyone, I've been really hoping, to get approved for an Amex card. I applied or an AMEX ED and AMX BCP and was denied for unknown reasons. Are there any other AMEX cards( probably store AMEX cards or cards that use the AMEX network) that aren't stingy  with applications. I really want an AMEX card.

FICO:

TRANS( 713), EQU( 712), EXP( 702)

INQUIRIES: TRANS( 11), EQU( 6), EXP( 9)

BOFA( $4.5K), BANANA REPUBLIC VISA( $1.2K), WALMART MASTERCARD( $800), CHASE FREEDOM( $1.2K), SEARS MASTER CARD( $7.8K), JCPENNEY MASTERCARD( $6K CLOSED), CHASE REWARDS( $5.5K), TARGET CREDIT( $2K), DISCOVER IT( $3.2K), SYNCHRONY BANK( $6K), SLEEPYS( $4.5K), VICTORIAS SECRET( $1,210), NEW YORK&COMPANY( $810),  and LOVE LOFT MASTERCARD( $1K) and INSTALMMENT LOAN( $501/JUST PAID OFF). 

Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are there any store AMEX cards that will approve me based on my credit ?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, Everyone, I've been really hoping, to get approved for an Amex card. I applied or an AMEX ED and AMX BCP and was denied for unknown reasons. Are there any other AMEX cards( probably store AMEX cards or cards that use the AMEX network) that aren't stingy  with applications. I really want an AMEX card.

FICO:

TRANS( 713), EQU( 712), EXP( 702)

INQUIRIES: TRANS( 11), EQU( 6), EXP( 9)

BOFA( $4.5K), BANANA REPUBLIC VISA( $1.2K), WALMART MASTERCARD( $800), CHASE FREEDOM( $1.2K), SEARS MASTER CARD( $7.8K), JCPENNEY MASTERCARD( $6K CLOSED), CHASE REWARDS( $5.5K), TARGET CREDIT( $2K), DISCOVER IT( $3.2K), SYNCHRONY BANK( $6K), SLEEPYS( $4.5K), VICTORIAS SECRET( $1,210), NEW YORK&COMPANY( $810),  and LOVE LOFT MASTERCARD( $1K) and INSTALMMENT LOAN( $501/JUST PAID OFF). 

If you wait for your score to rise and inquries to fall off, you will have a better chance of approval. I recommend waiting so you can get ED/BCP.

Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a Macy's Amex but you have to apply in store. But likely you will be denied for the same reasons. Wait for your letter and then reapply once you've resolved the reasons. It's hard to be patient but you'll get there
Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you know any other credit cards that use the AMEX network or maybe those that aren't so stingy with applications? 

No idea why you need AMEX network (but not Centurion Bank), but I know some more "general" banks have AMEX network cards... USAA, Bank of America, etc. If you have a banking relationship with a bank or CU that offers an AMEX network card maybe that would be easier?

Although the only large merchant I know of that only accepts AMEX cards, Costco, will be changing to Visa soon, so I'm interested to hear why you need this particular payment network!

Don't think we are going to get an answer as OP just started a new thread wanting an Amex card but I could be wrong...

Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see. I'll have to wait 2 years for most of the inquiries to fall off. Thank you for your fast response. 

BTW: Do you know any cards that use the Discover network( I don't mean the ones from Discovers website)?

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I see. I'll have to wait 2 years for most of the inquiries to fall off. Thank you for your fast response. 

BTW: Do you know any cards that use the Discover network( I don't mean the ones from Discovers website)?

Yeah, some banks have cards through them. One is cathay bank. But they are usually crappy (1% cashback only)

Another one would be JCB which is 3% CB, but it is hard to get.

Message 18 of 27
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

INQs are not factored into scoring after aging 1 year, but are visible on your CRs for 2 years.   The effects of INQs also sharply drop at the 6 month mark.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 19 of 27
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Making sure the card is right for you and has features that benefit you is more important than what network it runs on or what logo it has on it. People often get tripped up by the allure of a certain card but I'm more interested in rewards, CL's and interest rates than the imagined cache of a card. Garden and practice patience and you will get what you want instead of settling for what you can get.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.