cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have been wanting to get approved for an AMEX card or store AMEX card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are there any store AMEX cards that will approve me based on my credit ?

@creditguy wrote:

Making sure the card is right for you and has features that benefit you is more important than what network it runs on or what logo it has on it. People often get tripped up by the allure of a certain card but I'm more interested in rewards, CL's and interest rates than the imagined cache of a card. Garden and practice patience and you will get what you want instead of settling for what you can get.

+1 

I'm only looking for cards that match the rewards I need/want. 

Message 21 of 27
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Have been wanting to get approved for an AMEX card or store AMEX card.

@Anonymous wrote:

I've just applied for an AMEX ED but wasn't approved. Do you know any other credit cards that use the AMEX network or maybe those that aren't so stingy with applications? 

Im suprised you were not approved. What is your utilization ratio like?

I would would find out the exact reasons you were declined. You can go online and see the letter that was sent regarding your application. Also, you should consider a charge card.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 22 of 27
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Are there any store AMEX cards that will approve me based on my credit ?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, Everyone, I've been really hoping, to get approved for an Amex card. I applied or an AMEX ED and AMX BCP and was denied for unknown reasons. Are there any other AMEX cards( probably store AMEX cards or cards that use the AMEX network) that aren't stingy  with applications. I really want an AMEX card.

FICO:

TRANS( 713), EQU( 712), EXP( 702)

INQUIRIES: TRANS( 11), EQU( 6), EXP( 9)

BOFA( $4.5K), BANANA REPUBLIC VISA( $1.2K), WALMART MASTERCARD( $800), CHASE FREEDOM( $1.2K), SEARS MASTER CARD( $7.8K), JCPENNEY MASTERCARD( $6K CLOSED), CHASE REWARDS( $5.5K), TARGET CREDIT( $2K), DISCOVER IT( $3.2K), SYNCHRONY BANK( $6K), SLEEPYS( $4.5K), VICTORIAS SECRET( $1,210), NEW YORK&COMPANY( $810),  and LOVE LOFT MASTERCARD( $1K) and INSTALMMENT LOAN( $501/JUST PAID OFF). 

The AMEX for Target card uses the AMEX network. You have to pre-fund it, but you then control the amount you can spend on the AMEX network.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

For all three bureaus its like in between 18 and 23 percent. But I do have a lot of inquiries on Transunion.
Message 24 of 27
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
For all three bureaus its like in between 18 and 23 percent. But I do have a lot of inquiries on Transunion.

Hi Disstreet-

I was approved for both the Delta Gold (because I fly with them a lot) and the PRG ( because I wanted the charge card and the points they were offering) with AMEX.

My scores were pretty much around the scores you see in my sig.  I wish they were like your scores.  I had about 10 inquires on each CRA and a paid charge off and a collection on my account.  Not only that, student loans that were reporting late in the past.  However, what I did do is go and look at the Credit Pulls Database that everyone suggested and checked what were the approval odds based on others who had already applied for the cards I wanted.   Also you can check what CRA Amex pulled for that specific card.  Then I check the prequalification with AMEX to see if those cards came up for me and they did.  Thats when I applied.  It really helped.   I hope this helps. 

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I simply need an AMEX card, just to shop at Costco. But since yiu mentioned that soon they will be accepting Visa, maybe I wont need one anymore. Thank you for the info.
Message 26 of 27
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone, I've been wanting to get approved for an AMEX card of any type, but am not sure if my credit score is good enough what are my chances?

No idea.  It's never just about score but you can refer to the Credit Pulls Database.

Don't just select a creditor and then try to justify a card from that creditor.  Use your needs/wants to select specific cards that suit you.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.