Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have good scores, no credit cards, need help

tag
woozy
Contributor

Re: Have good scores, no credit cards, need help

I have 4 clean credit card accounts showing "closed by consumer". All showing paid perfectly. These are up to 19 years old. A paid-off mtg.is on EQ.

I had several CC that I'd used during a business failure, partially paid but never paid off. The biggest part of my problems started when some banks were purposely holding payments to make them post late. The jerks make it almost impossible to do the right thing!  These have fallen off.

I've made no effort to rebuild my credit until now, and frankly, I haven't missed it much. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 14
-RED
Regular Contributor

Before you get ahead of yourself what are the creditors you closed?

-800 or Bust...!
Message 12 of 14
woozy
Contributor

@-RED wrote:

Before you get ahead of yourself what are the creditors you closed?

Heyyyyy,,,WOW!

I can go back and ask for them, and the tradeline could date from day one! That would be awesome.

It's a Sears, a great CU, Penneys, and a Mastercard. I think the reason they got closed is because they had my name on them with an with my ex-spouse. We got a divorce,  so we cancelled the joint cards. 

Do I contact a real person to do it?

Is there any way it could screw up, and they could end up removing their tradeline from my reports? I think that

the Mastercard might be with a bank that I didn't finish paying.

Message 13 of 14
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Sears is pretty tolerant.  My wife has kept her Sears card (now Sears MC with Citi) for many years through many financial problems including BK (but she always paid them).  I don't know if you can get your original account date, but the divorce angle might help.  I would call and ask.   It is worth getting a card from them either way.   I think both HSBC and CITI handle there cards.   

I don't think there is any worry about losing good history on positive TL by applying for new accounts with anybody.     

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.