cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have not received my Cap One card yet, should I call today or wait til Monday?

tag
kade6767
Contributor

Have not received my Cap One card yet, should I call today or wait til Monday?

Got the e-mail on Friday, August 10, 2012 which was dated August 9th, and said "your card was mailed yesterday" Some folks have said they received their card within just a couple days of receiving that message. As of today, the 18th, it was not in today's mail. A girl I spoke to yesterday said I should have it by today, and on their Twitter "Ask Cap One" account, he said, oh, wait til Tuesday. Either way, I think it's a little too long now, anyone have an opinion?

Walmart Store Card $5,000 Bank of America Cash Rewards $4,500 Chase Amazon Visa $3,000 Capital One QS1 $1,250 Macy's $1,600
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Madman94044
Regular Contributor

Re: Have not received my Cap One card yet, should I call today or wait til Monday?

I'd call...my Cap1 card showed up quick.

Staring Score:EQ 649 TU 647 EX 644
Current Score: EQ 786 TU 699 EX 746
Goal Score: 800
Wallet: SF Fire CU $5000 CL Chase Freedom 4000 CL, Chase MP $5000, WellsFargo $6000 CL, Amex Gold NPSL, Cap1 CashRewards $2500 CL, Amex BCP $12000 Discover More $1200 CSP 18000
Message 2 of 5
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Have not received my Cap One card yet, should I call today or wait til Monday?

@kade6767 wrote:

Got the e-mail on Friday, August 10, 2012 which was dated August 9th, and said "your card was mailed yesterday" Some folks have said they received their card within just a couple days of receiving that message. As of today, the 18th, it was not in today's mail. A girl I spoke to yesterday said I should have it by today, and on their Twitter "Ask Cap One" account, he said, oh, wait til Tuesday. Either way, I think it's a little too long now, anyone have an opinion?

Over 2 weeks would be long, in my experience.

Message 3 of 5
kade6767
Contributor

Well, it seems long. Been 8 days at least, and like I said, other people have told me they all got their cards pretty fast.

Walmart Store Card $5,000 Bank of America Cash Rewards $4,500 Chase Amazon Visa $3,000 Capital One QS1 $1,250 Macy's $1,600
Message 4 of 5
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@kade6767 wrote:

These e-mails are completely false. The cards (as I've been told by more than one cap1 CSR) ship 1-2 days AFTER these e-mails (despite the fact they say your card shipped the day prior.

While waiting for my new card in the mail I received one of these e-mails and after almost 2 weeks contacted Cap1 about my card not coming and they just told me to wait for it. I brought up that the card might have been lost in the mail, so without my knowledge, they went and changed my account number (which pissed me off, card got declined for a purchase ) , and then at my request overnighted me a new card. (their overnight service is also 2-3 days haha) . 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.