Re: Have questions about Loft & Walmart upgrades

your over working it.

Message 21 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

your over working it.

I would have to agree with CA on this one.  Way too much overthinking that you can beat the system with the FICO optimization when internal scoring is more at play.

Message 22 of 24
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Heck, I put more on my navy account this past statement $2400, and will pay it down to roughly $300 on Monday, let that report ( since all my other cards already reported a $0 bal, gotta let navy report so Fico doesn't score me 0% on revolving again!) then ill pif as soon as the statement cuts. Hate this juggling crap! My goal is just have like 5 major cards with $5-10k+ CL so I can ditch all my store cards!

It's totally OK to let the balance post. Sometimes you can tweak a few points, but it only matters really if you're trying to make a major purchase, such as a car or house. If the lender has a "backdoor" they will likely approve the application if it was within a few points of being computer-approved.

If you're gardening, not applying for new credit, the monthly fluctuations doesn't matter a lot.

I have noticed that GE/SYNC and Comenity like to see card usage. Buy what you would, use their card, and their CLIs and upgrades will come your way.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 23 of 24
laz98
Senior Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

First, I did some research and saw conflicting answers to my questions I had. My question is this.... For the LOFT and  WALMART upgrade, if you got the upgrade could you please tell me the following....

1). How were you offered the upgrade. Snail mail, email, message center online account, or at checkout using the store version?

2). How long did you have the store card version before being offered the upgrade to MC?

3). What was your store card limit at time of upgrade, and then NEW limit with the upgrade? 

Thanks againSmiley Happy 

For Walmart:

1)  Snail mail.

2)  Almost a year & a half.

3.  I had just gotten a CLI to $2,100 on the store card, when a month later I was upgraded to the Discover with an additional CLI to $4,500.  That was a little less than 2 years ago.

I still only have the LOFT store card because I don't use it as much as I should to warrant an upgrade, LOL.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.