cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have the app itch, but nothing to apply for...

tag
danababy98
Valued Member

Re: Have the app itch, but nothing to apply for...

I have a Kohls card and I love it!  I hardly ever shop in store even though there is one 10 min. away, I always shop online for a much bigger selection.  I get coupons in the mail all the time ranging from 10% - 30% off which can be used with the already sale prices and percents off that are going on so it's quite a deal.  They also have a MVC club which if you spend $600 ( I think) a year, you get even more discounts and also a couple times a year a link to a special website just for the MVC members which has incredible buys!  Hope this helps!
TU-656 EQ-686 EX-655
Message 11 of 29
brother7
Established Contributor

If you're into cashback cards, consider the Schwab Bank Invest First Visa Signature card. Ever since I found out it gives 2% cashback on EVERYTHING, I've been recommending it to everyone I know.

I think they pull EX and my EX report ain't so hot, so I've been holding back from pulling the trigger.

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to all for the last 3 posts. I think I will look to Schwab if the Chase Freedom Plus card benefits are discontinued or cut back. For now, I'm raking in a ton on that card, I get 3% on nearly everything purchase and then I hold off on redeeming to get the bonus $50 added to my cash back check. $750 in free cash in less than a year is an awesome deal if you ask me. I LOVE that card. However, I am just waiting for them to cut back the rewards structure on it.

As for Kohl's I think it may be the way to go. I will wait until BofA updates at the beginning of the month. They "adjusted" both of my CL's - one was CLD and the other was CLI. Basically they took $4k from the card I used just a little bit and moved it to the card I use a lot more. I'm not upset by it, but it was a mid-month update and they caught me with about $5k in balances between the two cards. Tanked my scores and doesn't look good for a new app. so I'll wait a few weeks until things report a $0 balance again and then apply for Kohl's.

The Schwab 2% card is next in line when Chase cuts me off. Hehe!

Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep in mind that, in order to make use of the rewards of the Schwab card, you need to have a brokerage account with them, which will incur its own costs. Of course, if you already use them as your investment solution, go ahead.
Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Keep in mind that, in order to make use of the rewards of the Schwab card, you need to have a brokerage account with them, which will incur its own costs. Of course, if you already use them as your investment solution, go ahead.

Thanks for pointing that out. Haven't looked into it yet, but was not aware of that!

Message 15 of 29
brother7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Keep in mind that, in order to make use of the rewards of the Schwab card, you need to have a brokerage account with them, which will incur its own costs.

From Schwab.com, "There is no fee to open and maintain an account at Schwab." See this page.

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 16 of 29
athensguy
Valued Contributor

I second the Schwab card. I just got one. Looks swanky. Driver's Edge has good rewards, especially the first year.

My goto cards are Schwab, Driver's Edge, and BP Visa (intended to replace with Penfed but got shot down).
Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@athensguy wrote:
I second the Schwab card. I just got one. Looks swanky. Driver's Edge has good rewards, especially the first year.

My goto cards are Schwab, Driver's Edge, and BP Visa (intended to replace with Penfed but got shot down).

I thought about Drivers Edge, too. Atleast I think I looked at that one, it's a Citi card right?

You got shot down by PenFed with a 784 EQ?

Message 18 of 29
athensguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@athensguy wrote:

I thought about Drivers Edge, too. Atleast I think I looked at that one, it's a Citi card right?

You got shot down by PenFed with a 784 EQ?

It was 798 at the time. I wanted an individual card and I have a joint mortgage that my income is not enough to cover alone, so they said I was overextended.
Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@brother7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Keep in mind that, in order to make use of the rewards of the Schwab card, you need to have a brokerage account with them, which will incur its own costs.

From Schwab.com, "There is no fee to open and maintain an account at Schwab." See this page.

No, but there are minimum balance requirements (except for retirement accounts), additional account requirements (depending on what account you choose) and potential other fees connected to this (I guess you want to do something with your required balance). It's not a bad card, if you actually want to use Schwab's main services.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.