Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have the itch to app

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Have the itch to app

I agree. PenFed is definitely on my target list for next year.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

How am I supposed to do Penfed?

Message 12 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you mean, how do you qualify? You have to join a qualifying organization, if you don't qualify in another way. American Red Cross and National Military Families Association are the easiest ways.

When you're ready to join PenFed, first do the qualifying bit, then call PenFed and join, then app for whatever. They pull Equifax when you first join (not later when you apply for a card or loan), and that pull is good for 60-90 days.

Don't join if you have high util, or a lot of inqs on Equifax, or a lot of new accounts. PenFed is particularly suspicious about people trying to get additional credit without reducing debt ("pyramiding debt.")

For other things that PenFed doesn't like, check out the PenFed approval thread.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you mean, how do you qualify? You have to join a qualifying organization, if you don't qualify in another way. American Red Cross and National Military Families Association are the easiest ways.

When you're ready to join PenFed, first do the qualifying bit, then call PenFed and join, then app for whatever. They pull Equifax when you first join (not later when you apply for a card or loan), and that pull is good for 60-90 days.

Don't join if you have high util, or a lot of inqs on Equifax, or a lot of new accounts. PenFed is particularly suspicious about people trying to get additional credit without reducing debt ("pyramiding debt.")

For other things that PenFed doesn't like, check out the PenFed approval thread.

Thank you haulingthescoreup,

You are so kind, no wonder why you are our leader :-) Hope u have a jolly Christmas Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 15
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Check here & see if you're eligible for Nave Federal.  They are a SWEET CU!!!  Smiley Tongue

NFCU

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.