Have two Cap QS card.

tag
jstyle408
Established Member

Re: Have two Cap QS card.

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know if I really would view this is as a problem, per se, as the QS has no AF and 2 QS is still vastly superior to a Journey and a Platinum. However, if you're concerned, after 6 months, you might be able to convert one of the QS to another card, like maybe a VentureOne for travel? I''m not sure if that's possible, but if someone knows if that's doable, please chime in.

If the QS have no AF, there is no point in coverting to VentureOne.   You go from a card that earns 1.5% to one that earns 1.25% (and is then restricted to travel redemptions).

IMO, VEntureOne is only useful, if at all, for any sign up bonus (which you lose by PCing) and if you cannot get a no-AF QS

Oops, I mixed the Venture and VentureOne up. Leave it to Capital One to have a Quicksilver (no AF) and a Quicksilver One (AF) and a Venture (AF) and a Venture One (no AF). Lol. This is assuming of course that the OP is ok with the annual fee of the Venture and doesn't mind the travel restrictions. Personally, I think he is in the best situation he could be in with two QS, but the OP seems to find this to be a problem.

@Anonymous The only thing is I don't see much use with having two of the same card with the same benefit. I notice that alot of member on this forum have two Amex but the sub-brand such as BCE and ED or HHonor and TE. It make sense to me that to have different sub brand product giving you the best reward outcome. I just wanted a little light shine on this subject if it is worth it to have two of the same product. But on the other hand, I see what you mean as far as it doesn't hurt to have two QS with no annual fee.

|Cap 1QS Visa $3500 |Cap1 QS MC$3500| Freedom $1000| Amex $8000| Citi Premier $5000| Walmart store card $2100| Bestbuy store card $2800| Target store card $200|
Exp.619~Eq.655~TU.678
garden 'til march 2015 goals CSP
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jstyle408 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know if I really would view this is as a problem, per se, as the QS has no AF and 2 QS is still vastly superior to a Journey and a Platinum. However, if you're concerned, after 6 months, you might be able to convert one of the QS to another card, like maybe a VentureOne for travel? I''m not sure if that's possible, but if someone knows if that's doable, please chime in.

If the QS have no AF, there is no point in coverting to VentureOne.   You go from a card that earns 1.5% to one that earns 1.25% (and is then restricted to travel redemptions).

IMO, VEntureOne is only useful, if at all, for any sign up bonus (which you lose by PCing) and if you cannot get a no-AF QS

Oops, I mixed the Venture and VentureOne up. Leave it to Capital One to have a Quicksilver (no AF) and a Quicksilver One (AF) and a Venture (AF) and a Venture One (no AF). Lol. This is assuming of course that the OP is ok with the annual fee of the Venture and doesn't mind the travel restrictions. Personally, I think he is in the best situation he could be in with two QS, but the OP seems to find this to be a problem.

@Anonymous The only thing is I don't see much use with having two of the same card with the same benefit. I notice that alot of member on this forum have two Amex but the sub-brand such as BCE and ED or HHonor and TE. It make sense to me that to have different sub brand product giving you the best reward outcome. I just wanted a little light shine on this subject if it is worth it to have two of the same product. But on the other hand, I see what you mean as far as it doesn't hurt to have two QS with no annual fee.

I see the concern, but the problem is, the QS is really the pinnacle of Capital One offerings. It doesn't get much better than that... Maybe the BuyPower card would be better? It might be harder to convert that one though since is is a cobranded card... I'm not sure.

Message 12 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@jstyle408 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, there is little advantage in having two identical uncapped cards (although it allows you to spread spend between them when you are micromanging util!) but that doesn't mean you should downgrade.   Ideally, you would combine the CLs, but as that currently isn't possible, I would just live with it, or if it REALLY bothers you, close one.

I have two as well, and just use one.

Message 13 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@jstyle408 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I convert it to VS and WEMC?

You can ask and they can if there is an "offer" on your account.  Otherwise you have to try through the EO

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.