cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you decided not to apply because of an ugly card???

tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Have you decided not to apply because of an ugly card???

@GaTech wrote:
Amex BCE is a pretty card, but it feels very flimsy/cheaply made. Is the Cap1 Quicksilver 1.5% cash back card just as bad?

I have BCP and saw Quicksilver in person recently.  I think BCP looks a bit cheesy but there is no comparison with Quicksilver.  It feels ridiculously cheap and not even real.  Think of some cheap high school id or so something like that.  Quicksilver looks decent in pictures, but that is just false advertising as far as I am concerned.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 41 of 61
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ FinStar

Thanks but no thanks. Not as bad as the green but the pyramid and rays aren't working for me in any color. Smiley Sad
Message 42 of 61
Crashem
Valued Contributor

I find the JCB Marauki card to be in this category.  The hassle of application process (ie my laziness) and the sheer ugliness (imo) of the card has made me resist the 3% cash back on the card.  SO FAR..

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 43 of 61
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I guess I have to put this down as "things I can't relate to"!   I can rationalize in various cases, e.g. Crashem can get any card, so using anything as a filter, including appearance, makes sense, but this obviously applies to all sorts of people not in that position.

I can understand wanting your house to look nice (as you spend a lot of time there), and your workplace (but great salary/benefits/enjoyable work would be much more important), but not a credit card which to me is a tool used for a few seconds at a time.  

To explain my lack of understanding, the comments about appearance are, to me, similar to "I would only get a credit card from a bank with an odd number of vowels in its name".   Of course, now there will be posts saying no, it needs to be an even number of vowels.  And no V.

Message 44 of 61
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

IMO, the card design matters to some degree. For example, would an average guy want a Hello Kitty design? Smiley LOL

Message 45 of 61
eddie84
Valued Contributor

^ Only if it comes with a nice sign up bonus and some sort of cash back/rewards program (get $100 back for every $100 spent?). Smiley Tongue

Message 46 of 61
JonStur
Established Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

IMO, the card design matters to some degree. For example, would an average guy want a Hello Kitty design? Smiley LOL

Yea...I think I would have to pass on that one.....

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 47 of 61
elvigy
Contributor

OMG! That Hello Kitty card is hilarious! I would proudly carry that just for the fun of it. And yes, I'm a guy!

Amex BCP | Barclaycard Arrival WMC | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature | Discover IT
Message 48 of 61
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

I'm sure some guys out there really like pink. San Francisco has plenty of them. Smiley Happy
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 49 of 61
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditScholar wrote:
I'm sure some guys out there really like pink. San Francisco has plenty of them. Smiley Happy

Message 50 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.