Regular Contributor
Volpes

Re: Have you decided not to apply because of an ugly card???

lol...

I have one of these:

Super Contributor
longtimelurker

FinStar wrote:

enharu wrote:

I'm not one who would apply for a card just because it looks nice, but I may stay away from a card that looks exceptionally ugly however, unless the rewards / sign-up bonus are THAT compelling for me to want to ignore its appearance.

One good example: https://www.fidelity.com/cash-management/american-express-cards

I would be very hesitant about using this card in front of business partners purely just to avoid weird looks from them. I can easily get 3CCP out of each UR, so even a 1UR per dollar purchase on my CSP will still net me more value than a 2% cashback card in general. Otherwise, the 2% cashback for everything is a nice touch.

LOL... now that's funny enharu.  I've used this one many a times and I've yet to see anyone's face go aghast just from its pure looks - even with business clients.  But I guess it all depends on the business, the clients and location...

I agree!  I use the card all the time, no reaction from anyone.   It's merely a strange color, not a particularly offensive design.  Now if, as enharu states, ou can get  better rewards  elsewhere, then certainly no need to consider.  But appearance comes absolutely nowhere in my selection criteria.   And if people are put off by the appearance of my card, then they probably would be put off by many other aspects of me (the poisonous green drool that drips from my mouth for example, same color as the card come to think of it!)

Valued Contributor
FinStar

longtimelurker wrote:

FinStar wrote:

enharu wrote:

I'm not one who would apply for a card just because it looks nice, but I may stay away from a card that looks exceptionally ugly however, unless the rewards / sign-up bonus are THAT compelling for me to want to ignore its appearance.

One good example: https://www.fidelity.com/cash-management/american-express-cards

I would be very hesitant about using this card in front of business partners purely just to avoid weird looks from them. I can easily get 3CCP out of each UR, so even a 1UR per dollar purchase on my CSP will still net me more value than a 2% cashback card in general. Otherwise, the 2% cashback for everything is a nice touch.

LOL... now that's funny enharu.  I've used this one many a times and I've yet to see anyone's face go aghast just from its pure looks - even with business clients.  But I guess it all depends on the business, the clients and location...

I agree!  I use the card all the time, no reaction from anyone.   It's merely a strange color, not a particularly offensive design.  Now if, as enharu states, ou can get  better rewards  elsewhere, then certainly no need to consider.  But appearance comes absolutely nowhere in my selection criteria.   And if people are put off by the appearance of my card, then they probably would be put off by many other aspects of me (the poisonous green drool that drips from my mouth for example, same color as the card come to think of it!)

+1

LMAO!!!

09Lexie

Sadly, I can say yes. The Fidelity Amex just makes my eyes bleed. It's sad that I am being so vain over how a cc looks. :smileysad:
Regular Contributor
negg

Classic example of cool looking card with crappy benefits, look no further then citi diamond preferred card.
Delta Amex $7500.........Marriott Rewards Premier $6500.......Discover IT $3800......Citi Preferred $2500...........Chase Freedom $3800......Barclay(apple) $2000.......BofA $1500.......
Capital One $4000.....FNO.....$3700
Established Contributor
JonStur

negg wrote:
Classic example of cool looking card with crappy benefits, look no further then citi diamond preferred card.

I know...it's a slick lookin card, all style no substance...

Starting Score: TU 686 EX 641 EQ 690
Current Score: TU 779 EX 767 EQ 740
Goal Score: 800 Club

BCE $12.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Wally Discover 10K, Cash+ $9K Sam's Discover 10K, Freedom $6K, Zales $5.5K, More $5K, Cap one $5K, Barclay 2.5K, Household Plat $1.5K, Household Gold $1.5K, Credit One $1K, First Premier Plat $.675K First Premier Gold $.65K
Regular Contributor
awiser

My Cap One Quicksilver isn't necessarily ugly, as much as it just looks cheap. Cashiers often do a double-take because it looks fake. I still use the heck out of it, though, because it's putting 1.5% cash back into my wallet.
Starting Score: WMT TU (3/13) 644. EQ FICO (3/13) 595
Current Score: WMT TU (8/14): 666. FICO's: EQ (8/14): 661. EX (7/14) 658. TU (7/14) 697 | Goal Score: 700s

Roll over images for details.
Valued Contributor
FinStar

09Lexie wrote:
Sadly, I can say yes. The Fidelity Amex just makes my eyes bleed. It's sad that I am being so vain over how a cc looks. :smileysad:

LOL... really?  Ok, let's see...  :robotlol:

credit-n-motion

I am three years late to this topic/question. And without a doubt I still covet the Continental One Pass Master Card... . Its simplistic beauty is second to none, in my opinion..United has still, so far, never captured the Beauty of this Card Design... So sad to see it and its Founding Company, Continental Airlines, go away..Cheers

Valued Contributor
FinStar

09Lexie wrote:

Since you and the DH are current CPC members... maybe you might also like the FIA Fidelity PC AMEX to diversify your portfolio... easier on the eyes Lexie ...lol :robottongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}