Valued Contributor
Crashem

Re: Have you decided not to apply because of an ugly card???

GaTech wrote:
Amex BCE is a pretty card, but it feels very flimsy/cheaply made. Is the Cap1 Quicksilver 1.5% cash back card just as bad?

I have BCP and saw Quicksilver in person recently.  I think BCP looks a bit cheesy but there is no comparison with Quicksilver.  It feels ridiculously cheap and not even real.  Think of some cheap high school id or so something like that.  Quicksilver looks decent in pictures, but that is just false advertising as far as I am concerned.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
09Lexie

@ FinStar

Thanks but no thanks. Not as bad as the green but the pyramid and rays aren't working for me in any color. :smileysad:
Valued Contributor
Crashem

I find the JCB Marauki card to be in this category.  The hassle of application process (ie my laziness) and the sheer ugliness (imo) of the card has made me resist the 3% cash back on the card.  SO FAR..

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Super Contributor
longtimelurker

I guess I have to put this down as "things I can't relate to"!   I can rationalize in various cases, e.g. Crashem can get any card, so using anything as a filter, including appearance, makes sense, but this obviously applies to all sorts of people not in that position.

I can understand wanting your house to look nice (as you spend a lot of time there), and your workplace (but great salary/benefits/enjoyable work would be much more important), but not a credit card which to me is a tool used for a few seconds at a time.  

To explain my lack of understanding, the comments about appearance are, to me, similar to "I would only get a credit card from a bank with an odd number of vowels in its name".   Of course, now there will be posts saying no, it needs to be an even number of vowels.  And no V.

CSP, Freedom, Chase Amazon, Cap One QS (x2), Penfed Plat Rewards (x2), Citi Double Cash, Citi Dividend, Citi AA Plat Select, Citi Forward, Amex BCE, Amalgamated Bank, Sallie Mae, Cash Plus, Fid Amex
Scores May 14: EQ 848, EX 833, TU 848 (Sep)
Valued Contributor
kevinjjc

IMO, the card design matters to some degree. For example, would an average guy want a Hello Kitty design? :smileylol:

Established Contributor
eddie84

^ Only if it comes with a nice sign up bonus and some sort of cash back/rewards program (get $100 back for every $100 spent?). :smileytongue:

9/21/14 EQ 704 | AmEx Platinum NPSL | Discover it $11k | BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $7k | Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage WMC $10k | Barclaycard Arrival+ WMC $9.7k | Jared/Kay $5.1k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5k | BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $5k | DFS $5k | PayPal SC $5.6k | PayPal Credit $6.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4.7k | BofA Better Balance Rewards MC $7k | Chase Freedom Visa $4k | Zales $5k | US Bank Visa Platinum $3k | Bloomingdale's $3k | Amex Hilton HHonors $2k | Macy's $2.5k | Amex Delta SkyMiles $1k | Chase Amazon $800
Established Contributor
JonStur

kevinjjc wrote:

IMO, the card design matters to some degree. For example, would an average guy want a Hello Kitty design? :smileylol:

Yea...I think I would have to pass on that one.....

Starting Score: TU 686 EX 641 EQ 690
Current Score: TU 779 EX 767 EQ 740
Goal Score: 800 Club

BCE $12.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Wally Discover 10K, Cash+ $9K Sam's Discover 10K, Freedom $6K, Zales $5.5K, More $5K, Cap one $5K, Barclay 2.5K, Household Plat $1.5K, Household Gold $1.5K, Credit One $1K, First Premier Plat $.675K First Premier Gold $.65K
Contributor
elvigy

OMG! That Hello Kitty card is hilarious! I would proudly carry that just for the fun of it. And yes, I'm a guy!

Amex BCP | Barclaycard Arrival WMC | Chase Slate | Discover IT
Valued Contributor
CreditScholar

I'm sure some guys out there really like pink. San Francisco has plenty of them. :smileyhappy:
FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Valued Contributor
FinStar

CreditScholar wrote:
I'm sure some guys out there really like pink. San Francisco has plenty of them. :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}