Reply
Valued Contributor
FinStar
Posts: 6,108
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Re: Have you decided not to apply because of an ugly card???


CreditScholar wrote:
I'm sure some guys out there really like pink. San Francisco has plenty of them. :smileyhappy:

Sydney has their share as well :smileyvery-happy:

Valued Contributor
CreditScholar
Posts: 2,300
Registered: ‎01-22-2012
0

Re: Have you decided not to apply because of an ugly card???


FinStar wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:
I'm sure some guys out there really like pink. San Francisco has plenty of them. :smileyhappy:

Sydney has their share as well :smileyvery-happy:


Sure, but have you seen the way a lot of Melbourne people dress? A lot of them make me wonder sometimes...

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Valued Contributor
wHiTeSoL
Posts: 1,059
Registered: ‎07-09-2013
0

Re: Have you decided not to apply because of an ugly card???


CreditScholar wrote:
I'm sure some guys out there really like pink. San Francisco has plenty of them. :smileyhappy:

.....I live in San Francisco....:smileymad:. and when I was in my early 20s I had a Pink Tmobile Corporate card. Pimped it out everywhere, happily married btw.


   3/12 $3500     6/12 $1200      10/12 $1500   12/12 $3400    6/13 $12000      7/13 $5000      7/13 $2500       8/13 $2000    8/13 $6000

  | CSP (AU) $12,000 | Amex PRG (AU) | United $6,000 | OCCU $12,000 | Ink Bold | GM $3,200 | DCU $7500 | Luthansa $9000 | SPG $6,000 | Citi AA Executive $11,000 | Ink Plus $5,000                                                                         | EX 2/7 697 | EQ 10/27 721 | TU 12/15 719 |

Moderator
Shogun
Posts: 12,952
Registered: ‎04-15-2011
0

Re: Have you decided not to apply because of an ugly card???


wHiTeSoL wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:
I'm sure some guys out there really like pink. San Francisco has plenty of them. :smileyhappy:

.....I live in San Francisco....:smileymad:. and when I was in my early 20s I had a Pink Tmobile Corporate card. Pimped it out everywhere, happily married btw.


Like how you threw that last bit of info in there.  LOL.


Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Frequent Contributor
koalablue
Posts: 345
Registered: ‎05-23-2012
0

Re: Have you decided not to apply because of an ugly card???

Actually, I just applied and was accepted for the BOA Cash Rewards card due to the 15 month no interest intro period.  I don't have the card yet, but my mom does (BOA member since 1967!) and I think its kind of sharp looking myself.  I wouldn't refuse to app for an ugly card, especially if the terms or rewards were great, but I have to admit I can be somewhat seduced by a great looking card.  The British Airways Visa is totally cool looking IMHO; I also like the Amex BCP, though the three digit code on the back rubs off really easily.  Amex SPG and Gold are nice too.  That being said, I wouldn't app for a card (or not app for a card) solely due to looks.


JonStur wrote:

BOA has always mailbox bombed me to get their Cash Rewards Card with the 3% 2% 1% structure.. I could never pull the trigger because I thought the card was just plain ugly. Has anyone else ever decided not to pull the trigger because a card is ugly ( yea I know it's vain but what's life without a little vanity). Or coveted a card because of its looks?? I really wanted an AMEX clear but never got one..



 

Super Contributor
longtimelurker
Posts: 7,336
Registered: ‎04-22-2013
0

Re: Have you decided not to apply because of an ugly card???


koalablue wrote:

Actually, I just applied and was accepted for the BOA Cash Rewards card due to the 15 month no interest intro period.  I don't have the card yet, but my mom does (BOA member since 1967!) and I think its kind of sharp looking myself.  I wouldn't refuse to app for an ugly card, especially if the terms or rewards were great, but I have to admit I can be somewhat seduced by a great looking card.  The British Airways Visa is totally cool looking IMHO; I also like the Amex BCP, though the three digit code on the back rubs off really easily.  Amex SPG and Gold are nice too.  That being said, I wouldn't app for a card (or not app for a card) solely due to looks.



 What is that code used for?  I seem to remember being asked for it once but can't recall why!


CSP, Freedom, Chase Amazon, Cap One QS (x2), Penfed Plat Rewards (x2), Citi Double Cash, Citi Dividend, Citi AA Plat Select, Citi Forward, Amex BCE, Amalgamated Bank, Sallie Mae, Cash Plus, Fid Amex, NASA Plat Cash
Scores Oct 31, 2014: 844 EX, 848 TU, 848 EQ
Frequent Contributor
koalablue
Posts: 345
Registered: ‎05-23-2012
0

Re: Have you decided not to apply because of an ugly card???

[ Edited ]

longtimelurker wrote:

koalablue wrote:

Actually, I just applied and was accepted for the BOA Cash Rewards card due to the 15 month no interest intro period.  I don't have the card yet, but my mom does (BOA member since 1967!) and I think its kind of sharp looking myself.  I wouldn't refuse to app for an ugly card, especially if the terms or rewards were great, but I have to admit I can be somewhat seduced by a great looking card.  The British Airways Visa is totally cool looking IMHO; I also like the Amex BCP, though the three digit code on the back rubs off really easily.  Amex SPG and Gold are nice too.  That being said, I wouldn't app for a card (or not app for a card) solely due to looks.



 What is that code used for?  I seem to remember being asked for it once but can't recall why!



Its used if you're ordering on-line or over the phone.  You need to provide the three digit code along with the account number.  It was really frustrating when I called Amex to change the info for my phone number, and the rep wanted the three digit code, and it took me five minutes of giving different numbers (you could see the numbers a little bit) trying to figure out which ones were right. I finally got the right ones.  I haven't used it for on-line ordering much, but I should ask them for a new card.

Valued Contributor
Crashem
Posts: 3,098
Registered: ‎01-26-2012
0

Re: Have you decided not to apply because of an ugly card???

You use 3 digit on back for Amex? Not the 4 digit on front?
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Frequent Contributor
koalablue
Posts: 345
Registered: ‎05-23-2012
0

Re: Have you decided not to apply because of an ugly card???


Crashem wrote:
You use 3 digit on back for Amex? Not the 4 digit on front?

Maybe it was just for the Amex rep, but for the BCP, I had to give him the three digit code on the back.  I think you have to give it if you want to make any changes to your account.

Super Contributor
longtimelurker
Posts: 7,336
Registered: ‎04-22-2013
0

Re: Have you decided not to apply because of an ugly card???


koalablue wrote:

Crashem wrote:
You use 3 digit on back for Amex? Not the 4 digit on front?

Maybe it was just for the Amex rep, but for the BCP, I had to give him the three digit code on the back.  I think you have to give it if you want to make any changes to your account.


Yes, that sounds right.   As Crashem suggests, nearly all the time the security code used for Amex is the 4 digit on the front, but when talking to a rep  for some reason the three digit code was also used for confirmation.

CSP, Freedom, Chase Amazon, Cap One QS (x2), Penfed Plat Rewards (x2), Citi Double Cash, Citi Dividend, Citi AA Plat Select, Citi Forward, Amex BCE, Amalgamated Bank, Sallie Mae, Cash Plus, Fid Amex, NASA Plat Cash
Scores Oct 31, 2014: 844 EX, 848 TU, 848 EQ

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}