cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you guys finished 5X Q1 category on your freedom?

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Have you guys finished 5X Q1 category on your freedom?

I haven't even started Q1 spend on Freedom. The whole reason I got the card to begin with and here I am giving the charges to Citi for bonus spend lol.
Message 11 of 16
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

Finally found a gas station which sells vanilla ice cream, however cash onlySmiley Sad

Message 12 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

Actually, I have maxed out my Q1 5% spend. I usually get coffee at Starbucks anyways, and I like going to the movies, so that wasn't hard to spend $100 on that. For the rest, I just bought gas for friends and family and they paid me back. Some debit cards at a local gas station is what got me to the cap though. 

Name and location of gas station!  OK, maybe more than 1,000 miles away, I would give it a miss.

Message 13 of 16
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

Actually, I have maxed out my Q1 5% spend. I usually get coffee at Starbucks anyways, and I like going to the movies, so that wasn't hard to spend $100 on that. For the rest, I just bought gas for friends and family and they paid me back. Some debit cards at a local gas station is what got me to the cap though. 

Name and location of gas station!  OK, maybe more than 1,000 miles away, I would give it a miss.

If you want to drive to Indiana, be my guest haha. Anyways, it was a Turkey Hill in Indianapolis, IN. I bought an energy drink and a Visa card and my Freedom was accepted no questions asked. 

Message 14 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

If you want to drive to Indiana, be my guest haha. Anyways, it was a Turkey Hill in Indianapolis, IN. I bought an energy drink and a Visa card and my Freedom was accepted no questions asked. 

OK, Mapquest shows 16 hours and about $100 in fuel.  (Hey, I can fill up when I get to the gas station).   So an additional $12 for the 2 $500 cards, ~ $110 for 5000 UR!

Indianapolis, here I come!

Message 15 of 16
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

I don't see any problem for me hitting the max for the gas station quarters..While I do have a company vehicle for work and fuel is paid for.. My wife drives my ecalade taking the kids to and from school, shopping and other errands.. we run about 150 a week for fuel in it .. the other quarters i probably won't make it.. for won't make q2 with just restaurants and kohls.. we don't have a kohls up here.. and we don't eat out that much..

outta the garden.. for a house Smiley Very Happybr>Current score - eq 682(myfico) ex 703(ex 02) Tr 701 (tr 04) ck fako 66)
In the wallet - freedom 6k - Marriot 16.3k - Ak Airlines 25k - Bass pro MC (BofA) 12.5k - Amex SPG 18k - Amex Everday 11.7k - Amex BC 1K - Barclay Rewards 4k Newegg preferred 2.4k - Cabelas 2k - Diners Club Elite 15k -Diners Club Premier 15k - CU1 15K -Blue Nile 15k - Lowes 17k... HD 10k
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.