Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you stopped receiving CLIs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Have you stopped receiving CLIs?

I've stopped receiving any luv from Synchrony. I can't seem to get my Walmart store card past $6k and my Ebates has been stuck at $8k. The denial letters say "not enough experience at current credit limit". I've been using both cards a bit more and PIF. My Walmart card turns one year old later on this month... I will try again for a CLI at that time. Not trying to poke the bear too much because I do not want to see the infamous blue envelope in my mailbox. 

Discover has told me the same thing this account is only 7 months old but have received two $500 CLI so I will take it. Focusing on SP for now. Once I close on this house (hopefully this week) I will go for a few CLI that require HP.... Chase, BoA, etc.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't get any... Maybe it has to do with the fact that I just simply don't spend a whole lot of money over a span of a year ?
Message 12 of 18
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have that same feeling... Cap 1 offered me a $250 CLI on my QS. And no go on my Venture, said not using enough use of existing line. I declined the QS CLI and did a BT to the Venture. I'm gonna try again after my next statement. I won't try Sync and got my first no go on my PB card. No luck on my Citi DC either. I guess this kind of signals the end of a build or rebuild. Time to let things age. 

It's hard after 2 solid years of adding cards and CLI's to reach the point of " I have enough".  Happy and Sad. There is always a sense of excitement waiting to see the outcome of an application or CLI. Smiley Happy

Me too.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 13 of 18
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

I'm there too .... CLI's have slowed down.

Amex - I keep getting 4506-t request each time.  Last time I kept lowering my requested amount, and was finally given 3.1K, but sure I'm tapped out going forward.  (When I did fill out the 4506-t form a year ago, I got declined for any increase at all)

Cap1 - My requests get the "Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low", which is accurate

US Bank - Afraid to do the $1.5K request for a SP, with the Fidelity move I'm at $50K in available credit, plus they hold my mortgage, so don't want to poke the bear

Barclay - I've continued to get SP CLI's when I call in to check for an APR reduction, so that might still be alive for me, we'll see  

PenFed - No "Offers" for me in over 2 yrs now

I never request HP CLI's, except a year ago I requested a CLI on my JCB, which only has a $4K CL, and gets heavy use.  They offered me a $1K increase if I sent in pay stubs.  I was in the middle of moving so spending the time mailing in pay stubs wasn't a high priority, so I passed and regretted the HP.

Message 14 of 18
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@sillykitty1 wrote:

I'm there too .... CLI's have slowed down.

Amex - I keep getting 4506-t request each time.  Last time I kept lowering my requested amount, and was finally given 3.1K, but sure I'm tapped out going forward.  (When I did fill out the 4506-t form a year ago, I got declined for any increase at all)

Cap1 - My requests get the "Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low", which is accurate

US Bank - Afraid to do the $1.5K request for a SP, with the Fidelity move I'm at $50K in available credit, plus they hold my mortgage, so don't want to poke the bear

Barclay - I've continued to get SP CLI's when I call in to check for an APR reduction, so that might still be alive for me, we'll see  

PenFed - No "Offers" for me in over 2 yrs now

I never request HP CLI's, except a year ago I requested a CLI on my JCB, which only has a $4K CL, and gets heavy use.  They offered me a $1K increase if I sent in pay stubs.  I was in the middle of moving so spending the time mailing in pay stubs wasn't a high priority, so I passed and regretted the HP.

Quoting myself here ... apparently I was wrong about CLI's being dead for for me.  In the last couple of days I received unsolicited CLI's from both Barclay's and US Bank.

Barclay's:

$5K CLI on my Aviator,

Total Barclay's exposure $29.5K

This was after my 2nd high $ BT, but no other usage

US Bank:

$4.5K CLI on my Cash +

Total US Bank/Elan exposure $54.5K + my mortgage

Minimal usage on my Cash+, all bonus categories

Interestingly my FICO is the lower than many points in my past due to my a new mortgage, and new home related inquiries.

Message 15 of 18
Involver
Valued Contributor

Haven't had any auto CLIs in quite a while. Just got a couple SP CLIs for my Citi revolvers. Next up is Amex in November but I'm not into taking HPs just for credit lines now. $300k is sufficient.
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@masscredit wrote:

I think I've reached the end of receiving CLIs.  Or, they will be much less frequent. My Cap1 cards used to receive an increase every 6 months. Now I get the "we'll let you know" message when I hit their Luv Button. That results in a "no" answer. My Barclay cards haven't seen an increase in over a year and I'm not even going to think about poking the Synchrony bear anymore. Very happy with those credit lines. The last one is Merrick, that really doesn't grow much. I think Barclay might grow a little more but that's about it. 

You have solid credit limits. It's probably time to chill and focus on your next goal/project.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

After getting 10-20k in credit lines, I've stopped asking for increases. I just don't want to have big credit lines anymore. I used to love asking for CLIs, though! 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.