Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you . . . with Care Credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Have you . . . with Care Credit?

@pizza1 wrote:
Care Credit can be used for appts as well. If they take the card, it can be used for anything at the office. I bought some eye glass cleaner the other day. I also used it for the remainder of my office bill, AFTER insurance. Insurance covered like 95% of it, and what was left I put on the card.

That's good to know Pizza.  I  need new frames since I already have a presciption.  

I'll check around to see which frame store takes Care Credit.

Message 11 of 18
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Used care credit at eye appt and cosmetic procedures. Plus dental.
Message 12 of 18
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:
Care Credit can be used for appts as well. If they take the card, it can be used for anything at the office. I bought some eye glass cleaner the other day. I also used it for the remainder of my office bill, AFTER insurance. Insurance covered like 95% of it, and what was left I put on the card.

That's good to know Pizza.  I  need new frames since I already have a presciption.  

I'll check around to see which frame store takes Care Credit.

if you go online to the card credit web site and put in generic stuff like for emaple...general eye care, within 10 miles of zip code 12345, and press search....it will bring up every eye doctor who takes the card. 

Message 13 of 18
chalupaman
Super Contributor

I have not and honestly I did not know I could do that with this card.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 14 of 18
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Used it for my dog yesterday for a nice vet bill close to $500 dollars.. Paid it off today as didn't ask for promotion financing and didnt feel like paying 26.99 apr when it hit Smiley Happy.. When I go and get my dental work done dang straight I will be using 0% apr on my procedure.

CreditCuriousity what do you mean by your statement "didn't ask for promotion financing"?

Our dog's vet bill was recently a little over $200 and it was automatically eligible for the 6 months, no interest if paid in full.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeadlyPersona wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Used it for my dog yesterday for a nice vet bill close to $500 dollars.. Paid it off today as didn't ask for promotion financing and didnt feel like paying 26.99 apr when it hit Smiley Happy.. When I go and get my dental work done dang straight I will be using 0% apr on my procedure.

CreditCuriousity what do you mean by your statement "didn't ask for promotion financing"?

Our dog's vet bill was recently a little over $200 and it was automatically eligible for the 6 months, no interest if paid in full.

I believe some offices you need to ask first if they have a "Special" before moving on with the procedure.  You may have been lucky they automatically gave you 6 months 0 interest without asking. Cat Tongue

Message 16 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeadlyPersona wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I believe some offices you need to ask first if they have a "Special" before moving on with the procedure.  You may have been lucky they automatically gave you 6 months 0 interest without asking. Cat Tongue

I could of asked for promotional financing I suppose... I just don't run balances on CC's typically unless needed..  If I have the means I pay them off when I see them post.   Sure they would of given it to me, but didn't need it.  Hope this helps

Message 17 of 18
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

Interesting that you have to ask prior because I found that in other incidents (not vet costs) that when my bill was at least $200 or more, Care Credit automatically put me in the "no interest financing" category on my statement.  In some cases 12, 18, and 24 month no interest if paid in full depending on the total cost of the bill.

But thanks for responding......Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.